Recent content by Maryanne

  1. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    I am just over three months post op,I can do most things but in moderation,my ROM is satisfactory but I too still have pain.It doesn't hurt when I am moving but my leg seems to stiffen when I keep still either sitting,elevating or in bed.When I then try to move it really hurts for a few minutes...
  2. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    Hello all fellow bionics,I had my left knee replaced 11 weeks ago today.I am satisfied with my mobility and my ROM is good but I still have considerable pain in a couple of places on the inside of the kneecap area.I also still have quite a lot of swelling.What I am asking is ,is this normal,it...
  3. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    I would like to share my thoughts in the hope that it might help anyone who is struggling post surgery. I had rapidly deteriorating arthritis in my left knee for the last two years. I also struggled with depression for most of my adult life. Put the two together and it is not a good recipe...
  4. Maryanne

    PKR Can't do exercises<

    Hi Rob,I had a TKR on 24th March so a day after you,I am also in the U.K.which I am very grateful for after reading about the trials and tribulations in USA especially getting pain medication,I can get what I need straight away and it is delivered to me and I live in rural Wales.Also due to...
  5. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    I am 4 weeks post op and really pleased with my progress although still very aware that it's early days.Yesterday I went back to my aqua aerobics class for the first time since new knee.I was very careful but it was great to be able to exercise in the pool and I had much more ROM in the water.As...
  6. Maryanne

    TKR Hello 4 weeks post op<

    Hi AussieDj, I had LTKR on 24th March, so one day after you. I was completely unprepared for the pain and lack of mobility post op. I had read about it but I think I just didn't take it in. Having found this site I felt much better that my symptoms seemed to be very average.I am very pleased...
  7. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    I am not really doing any sessions,I just exercise when I think about it and I feel up to it.
  8. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    1.Pain 4/5, 2.medication co-codamol 30mg/500mg x2 x 4 times a day,Diclofenac potassium 50mg 1x 3 times a day,Oral morphine 10mg/5ml 5 ml as required usually once during the day and when I go to bed. 3.Swelling moderate,was huge but better now I am back taking diclofenac which I couldn't take for...
  9. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    Why do we not get this sort of information from the hospital or at least told about this forum.It would have been such a help to have known more sooner.I thought I had done quite a lot of research but this forum is very enlightening.I drove today because I had to take my elderly dog to the...
  10. Maryanne

    TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

    Hello, I have just found this forum and I have never used anything like this before. I am on day 16 after TKR surgery. I wish I had found you sooner. I have just started physio and have probably done too much as my pain is back especially at night. I haven't slept well for the last two...
Back
Top Bottom