Recent content by Mary14

  1. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    I guess it appears no one has any answers for this problem. I was hoping there was at least one person that has gone through this and got relief. The thought of spending years, if not the rest of life like this is terribly depressing.
  2. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    Thank you. My second knee was my right knee, and that surgery was October 11. That is also when my MUA was done.
  3. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    I'm really hoping someone can relate to what I am experiencing. I've done a ton of searching online and can't really find any answers. I had a TKR on left knee in August and had right knee done in October. When I had my right done I also had a MUA on left. I can now bend both knees to pre...
  4. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    After doing some reading about natural ways to help tightness and scar tissue I came upon some information regarding castor oil. I got some and have been doing more self massage with it and I think it’s helping. Has anyone else heard of this?
  5. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    Thank you for your reply! I have thought about the pillow issue too. I’ve gone back to sleeping in a recliner instead of my bed because I felt like I was sleeping with my knee in bad positions. ( when I can sleep) thanks for the encouragement!
  6. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    Wow! That is so encouraging to me, thank you! if it’s possible to recover ROM over time why are surgeons so insistent on intense PT? I do feel like it sets me back. Again, thanks!
  7. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    Thank you Pumpkin!!!
  8. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    Moone, I feel for you! I hope you continue to make progress. I have PT 3 times a week. The last few times they’ve added more exercises. I’ve talked to my therapist about this and she says the stiffness and tightness just take time. But at the same time they want me to get to 120 degree bend. I’m...
  9. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    Thank you for your reply And encouragement. I don’t expect it to be healed, my concern is I’m doing all the recommended things and it’s continually getting worse. I feel like I’m losing some range of motion because of it. I’m going to talk to my PT again tomorrow about it.
  10. M

    TKR Call me Frankenstein

    Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks post op for TKR on left knee. After the first week I was so happy by how well I seemed to be progressing. I’ve had tightness in my knee since the surgery but I was working through it. I would say in the last 10 days it seems like every day it gets worse. I ice multiple...
  11. M

    Welcome to the August Hotshots' 2021 Knee Recovery Club

    Hello, I had my TKR on August 9. Very glad to have found this forum.
Back
Top Bottom