Recent content by marmarmish

  1. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @Jamie Thank you Jamie, that is very encouraging! I will take your advice, and slow down on the weights. I thought I had taken it slow enough considering I am 13 months out of surgery. I'll update here when I have more information after the doc has been able to determine what is going on...
  2. M

    TKR One Year Out

    I'm baaaaaack! Been a while since my last post. Everything was progressing nicely, as per my last post. Summer came and I started walking for about 1 hour. Very little to complain about. Then went on a trip to Europe in October, and all we did was walk! Hours of walking! I'd be sore at the...
  3. M

    TKR One Year Out

    Those are some very encouraging posts ladies - thank you so much! Yes, I am doing exercise regularly, indeed it's important for continued rehabbing the knee and overall health. @Rockgirl4 - I hope your upcoming surgery goes well and healing from it will be smooth. Sounds like you've had your...
  4. M

    TKR One Year Out

    Sheesh, I didn't realize it's been so long since my last post. I didn't have much more to add, the worst was over and it was just a matter of continued recovery. It has always been my plan to update after one year, and well, the end of September is one year since surgery! So this is where I'm...
  5. M

    TKR One Year Out

    Quick update. It's been about 4 1/2 months now since surgery, and I am progressing nicely. My last flexion measurement was 114, extension of -2. I've taken longer walks, did a full hour this week and that was a bit too much. I was stiff and sore the next day, so I'll cut that down to about...
  6. M

    TKR One Year Out

    Just wanted to post a little update. Still going to PT and have worked with 2 therapists. Both have been fabulous! They really seem invested and watch my form constantly - such a big change from the previous place I went. Tho that therapist was really nice, in retrospect, he was too laid...
  7. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @Layla Thank you Layla for your kind message. And now the holidays are over, just like that! Hope yours were filled with warmth and happiness. :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: I have some good news to share. My lasts posts came from a place of anxiety and frustration. I wanted so bad to...
  8. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @JusticeRider I have a question for you, and everyone else who has their experience to share... When you were able to start working on your ROM, where, in and around your knee did you feel the pull, and/or tightness? And how did you progress through it? Before I stopped my flexion stretches...
  9. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @sistersinhim I hear what you are saying, and I know we often do that. But I don't think that is the problem. But next time I try to bend, I will focus on that and see if I can't "let it go" further. Thanks for the suggestion!
  10. M

    TKR One Year Out

    My tendonitis has really calmed down so I started up with my exercises yesterday. I could have sworn I was able to bend my knee further than previously. So today I was excited to see how my ROM had progressed. It was a kick to the gut to see I was only getting 70 degrees!! :hairpulling...
  11. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @dotski No! I was only joking!! And you are not hijacking anything! I think we are having a great conversation! I'm sorry to hear of your setback! I hope you are able to get it resolved soon! :praying: It sounds awful....
  12. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @dotski "I gained 2 degrees per day weeks 1-6 and then gained a further 10-15 degrees of flexion between weeks 6 and 10." Nobody like a bragger! :loll:
  13. M

    TKR One Year Out

    Ha! I just stumbled across this! https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/mua-manipulation-under-anaesthetic-and-adhesions.3656/ Look at the end of the July 18 2009 article - a study done in the UK in 2006. Very interesting, tho it's unclear if the 3 examples where just the lucky few, or typical of...
  14. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @Jamie Thank you for the kind words. It's surprising there isn't more info on what I think is an important topic. Maybe this could be addressed at the 2023 Joint Replacement Awareness Day??? Hope you are having a nice day! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
  15. M

    TKR One Year Out

    @dotski I see the same - the study was about gait kinematics, and it concluded that walking speed and ROM improved over the course of the year. The normal walking ROM is 60 degrees. I'd be interested in a similar study but one showing full ROM! FYI - my current gait ROM is 55 - 59 degrees...
Back
Top Bottom