Recent content by Marls00

  1. Marls00

    THR New Here - Difficult Painful Recovery - 3 months post op

    @RaphPalo - so sorry to hear about your situation. I, too, had terrible groin pain for 2 years post op every time I needed to lift my leg. I couldn't get into car or bed or lift my leg up on a chair to tie my shoes without using my arms to assist the leg. They suspected cup overhang but...
  2. Marls00

    THR Suffering five months after surgery

    @DenDen Sorry to hear about your continuing troubles. I understand the frustration as I had a problematic recovery after my first THR in 2019. Most of my issues centered on the iliopsoas tendon which is often the cause of groin pain. My surgeon told me "imaging looks good" as did 2 other...
  3. Marls00

    THR Relief after Removing Cerclage Cable

    Hi there ... I'm about 5 years late to this party! @BionicButt, I haven't read your cerclage wire blog yet but will do so. I had a THR on my right side in Aug 2019. My femur suffered a slight fracture in the process and so the surgeon wired the bone. I had a difficult recovery, in part...
  4. Marls00

    THR Psoas / Iliopsoas tendon pain after THR

    @Jws. @Hip4life @SaraK Hi all and thank you so much for your responses. I feel like you are the only 3 people on the planet who understand what I'm going through! @Jws. when I read your post last night I was ready then and there to sign up for a full release. I will DM you to ask what...
  5. Marls00

    THR Psoas / Iliopsoas tendon pain after THR

    @Hip4life Thanks for your response. No worries, this is the first I’m checking this thread in over 2 weeks. If you could share your experience with the full release, I’d appreciate it. I thought @SaraK had a full release. I like the idea of a partial much better. I have an appt at Hospital...
  6. Marls00

    THR Psoas / Iliopsoas tendon pain after THR

    @SaraK - Thank you so much for your response. I never heard of SuperPath and had to google it. Very interesting. If it's safe and effective with minimal complications, I certainly hope it catches on! Same with me. Considering how difficult a time some patients have with that tendon after...
  7. Marls00

    THR Psoas / Iliopsoas tendon pain after THR

    SaraK, Jws., Layla, Minnie@5, Hip4life, Hello all - I had my anterior THR in August 2019 and have had problems with my iliopsoas tendon since immediately after the surgery. I actually think there may have been some issues prior to the surgery because when I started to walk sometimes, it would...
  8. Marls00

    THR Almost 2 years and still hurting

    Hello @Salrose - your situation sounds similar to mine, though I had my AHR in August 2019. My hip flexor muscle (I assume that's what it is) has been sore and weak since the surgery, my quads feel like they are only 75% back and I get weird little pains, aches, tweeks, and a feeling of...
  9. Marls00

    THR Psoas / Iliopsoas tendon pain after THR

    Quick up date: The pain I was having in my knee is gone. It lasted about 2-3 weeks, but as I continued to walk with a cane and then without one, i believe my thigh muscles started picking up some of the slack so that my knee could go back to just operating normally. Just a note, I was...
  10. Marls00

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2019 Hip Recovery Club

    Hello please add me to this August group. I had an Anterior THR on Aug. 19.
  11. Marls00

    THR Psoas / Iliopsoas tendon pain after THR

    Mojo, 2 weeks ago I did leg extensions on a machine with weights (10 lb) and a couple of days later my quads fell apart and I couldn't do anything for a few days. Since then they have felt weak. But I was having the knee issue a bit even before that. Now I'm doing easier leg extensions with a...
  12. Marls00

    THR Psoas / Iliopsoas tendon pain after THR

    Hello again, it' been awhile. After a rocky start with my anterior RHR, things are moving along. I'm in week 5. The hip feels good - I'm walking comfortably most of the time without a cane -but the some of muscles, tissue, etc. are taking their time. I did minimum PT until I felt ready, which...
  13. Marls00

    August recovery group?

    Admins, Can I get on the August recovery list?
  14. Marls00

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    @Kona Girl - you sound like a very wise lady and your recovery seems to be going very well. I want so bad to rid myself of my walking aids but I have to respect what my body is telling me and it's telling me: just a little longer, be patient. I am both cautious and anxious to progress quicker...
  15. Marls00

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    @Dolphin777 @mainegirl1 I went into the surgery on Aug 19 a little scared but mostly feeling positive and sure that I would have the easiest of recoveries. Perhaps I needed to tell myself that in order to go through with it. Alas, it hasn't been terrible at all but it also isn't nearly as...
Back
Top Bottom