Recent content by MarkC

  1. M

    Uh Oh...loosening symptoms...help

    Hey everyone, I am back...unfortunately. I had my right hip done in 2010. I had to change out metal hardware to ceramic due to metal on metal, but all has been good since...until lately. I play doubles tennis on clay and have really been enjoying it. Recently, I had pain on my outside thigh...
  2. M

    THR well, we'll release the left one then

    Oh my, forgot to come and comment. Let's see, its been about 5 1/2 months. Left hip has completely recovered for sure. Thre is no pain in it. I can run full speed actually and that hip feels great. My right one still gives me some fits. It started a couple months before I did the left one...
  3. M

    THR well, we'll release the left one then

    well done and done. I am a week and a half out and have not used a cane since the day after surgery. Dr. said that there was a lot of scar around the psoas where it crosses over the hip (told my wife actually and she can't recall the details..I will ask him next week). Anyway, he said that he...
  4. M

    THR well, we'll release the left one then

    Sounds like exactly what I had going on. My cup was in great position on both hips and I know that with the left one, there was scar around the iliopsoas and that is what was caueing my groin discomfort. Did not know until he went in with the scope on Monday. And i have never had trouble...
  5. M

    THR well, we'll release the left one then

    Goodness Jo, I did not mean to sound disrespectful at all. You have to know how much I appreciate your opinion and the wonderful wisdom you share with us. Please know that. Just did not want to get into a whole discussion about meds and Pt. After 6 surgeries, I am pretty versed on pain...
  6. M

    THR well, we'll release the left one then

    surgery end of October. My pain is activity activated. The more I do, the worse it is. Not do sound trite, but no need to ask me about meds and pt...I have been there done that sooooo many times. 1 My pain is in the groin when I raise my knee past 90degrees (especially while sitting...like...
  7. M

    THR well, we'll release the left one then

    After all the surgeries I have been through, I will have one more. Been doing the physical therapy and all the hoopla that comes with trying to calm the iliopsoas down and it just ain't working. I really think that my anatomy does not like the hip replacements. I released the right one with...
  8. M

    THR Can't do a straight leg lift, groin pain

    not so. I had my iliopsoas released arthroscopic and the proceedure was great. He released it from the lesser trochanter and did not go into the hip joint. This was the best decision I have ever made. I have had my left hip replaced now (different surgeon) and I'll be damned if my groin is...
  9. M

    THR long term pain

    OK I don't want to be too long winded but I have had both hips replaced now and went through hell with my first one. We did a revision on that hip (just to change metal on metal to ceramic on plastic) and replaced the left one in the same surgery. I have some of that pain with my left right now...
  10. M

    Bilateral THR markc post op journey

    yep, I went back and looked at some old x-rays from my Chiropractor and they were as bad or worse than it is now. Had it all along. I am going to really have to do something to help it but something tells me it won't be easy being as it has been this way for years and years. What exerc9ises...
  11. M

    Bilateral THR markc post op journey

    well I have to say that My Dr. was absolutely adamant that pt was wrong. He said I would be off 2-3mm and that is not much at all. I am stretching all I can now without over doing it. It is reassuring to hear details on your anatomy from the man that operated on you. He is not running from me at...
  12. M

    Bilateral THR markc post op journey

    I think figure 6B is what we are talking about broken link removed: https://erikdalton.com/media/published-articles/short-leg-syndrome-part-2/ ...would explain why the front measurement taken by pt was so different and the measurement from both lesser trochanters to middle of the cup on their...
  13. M

    Bilateral THR markc post op journey

    well, I do know this (for what it is worth)..... the distance from the middle of the lesser trochanter to the middle of the cup (measuring vertically) is exactly the same on both sides. Just both higher on the left side but same relative distance. I must say I read that was a measurement...
  14. M

    Bilateral THR markc post op journey

    well this is interesting. My OS called me at home from his home today after I called him. I could not help it and that really says a lot about him to call me at home on Sunday afternoon from his house. I got very upset after talking with a pt I know and letting her measure me. Dr. said...
  15. M

    Bilateral THR markc post op journey

    I wanted to post this and post the end result of my leg length issue so folks can learn from it. I think that this forum is great and that everyone should really contribute their experience here,especially on issues that come up for many. Like the psoas release...I was so afraid of it and...
Back
Top Bottom