Recent content by markbet

  1. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    What is also odd, lately I’ve been having cramps in the bottom of this same foot. Cramps in the bottom of my foot? This is new and has never happened before.
  2. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    Is it pretty normal to have swelling of the foot of the leg that received the TKR?
  3. M

    TKR Walking, skiing, bicycling

    @DIYSteve I’m impressed with your level of activity. My ROM is somewhat close to yours, 110. With that little of bend, I could in no way do a fraction of what you accomplished. My hamstrings are as tight as piano wires, and feel those are 95% of my problems. If I bend more than my ROM allows...
  4. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    @Jamie Yes! I am in total agreement. I started riding for five minutes, today I increased my time to ten minutes, and light stretches. I know this isn’t going to make any sense, but my knee is a little tight, and yet it seems looser!
  5. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    Bowling at 12 weeks, that is actually pretty impressive! I try the simple stretches. Maybe while watching tv, I will wrap my left leg over my right and draw it in some to get it to bend.
  6. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    I just did a light bike ride, only five minutes. Raised the seat up to the level it was in the beginning. I had some pain, the knee was tight, but tolerable. After the ride, I did a few easy stretches. End result, my knee seems looser!! It is somewhat swollen on the inside, but still feels...
  7. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    This is what I have been following for my recovery. And it seems my swelling is down along with pain.
  8. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    No, my ROM regressed prior to using my tractor. I read on here that doing everyday normal activity around the house is enough exercise to work my knee, is this not true? I don’t do stretches or the exercise bike any longer. I do admit that I don’t elevate or ice hardly at all, but when I do, it...
  9. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    I have given my knee a rest now for about a month. It appears that I have lost ROM, not gained. This is very concerning to me.
  10. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    Good tip, I will give it a try tomorrow! Ty
  11. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    Well I thought I would jump on the tractor and get some work done since it is so nice out. My tractor has a hydrostatic transmission, a foot pedal in front on the floorboard to go forward, and another pedal on the back of the floorboard back towards my seat to go backwards. I got out in the...
  12. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    Thank you, your replies are very reassuring. Self doubt and negativity is a very strong force to deal with, for all of us I’m sure. Some are stronger than others, unfortunately I am leaning towards being somewhat weak in being able to deal with this surgery, but with the help from you good...
  13. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    I sure hope so. I really miss being normal. I know that sounds selfish, with most people on here are in the same boat, I just don’t want “normal” being a distant memory, or an illusion.
  14. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    I know you guys keep saying my ROM will return in time, but my bend is really very depressing. This knee just does not seem to want to bend, and it worries me so. I guess my PTSD is raring its ugly head again. I’m so afraid of a MUA, I don’t want that. ☹
  15. M

    TKR Post op ROM

    Okay, thanks for the advice. I don’t want to cause myself anymore problems than I have to. I will have to get my grandsons to take over or hire it done until next year anyway.
Back
Top Bottom