Recent content by Marie197860

  1. M

    Trouble with previously "good hip" after THR

    Thank you for the info - as I said to my husband last night, I don't want to be chicken little with the sky falling about every little ache and pain but at the same time, I feel really nervous about the idea of having a problem with my "good leg" so soon after having the first hip replaced...
  2. M

    Trouble with previously "good hip" after THR

    abusby - thanks for the info. Though in my head, I literally said... "but I'm not the family pet".. however I know where you were going and it amused me to no end! :) That makes sense - I have a follow up with my ortho in about 2 months but maybe I'll see about moving it up some. Just to...
  3. M

    Trouble with previously "good hip" after THR

    Hi all, I had my left hip replaced 4 months ago and had a fantastic outcome! I've known for a long while that eventually I would need my left knee and my right hip done - eventually -. However, suddenly (the last 2 weeks or so) the pain in my right hip has been quite bad. Anyone else have...
  4. M

    Looking for suggestions on where to go for surgery?

    Thank you all, I honestly tell everyone about this site - I got my doctor's name from here and it's been the best thing I've done! My recovery was so great and had such a wonderful outcome, my doctor asked me to do a testimonial for him for their yearly fundraising effort! I can't wait to see...
  5. M

    Looking for suggestions on where to go for surgery?

    Update: Saw Dr. Marchand on Aug 24th, had total hip replacement done on Sept 18th, got married and walked unaided down the aisle on October 10th!!!! I was just released from physical therapy on my 3 month anniversary of my surgery!
  6. M

    Looking for suggestions on where to go for surgery?

    I'm hearing mostly BMI of 40 - though I did as webbie73 suggested and called Dr. Marchand and spoke with his scheduling person. She said he treats the whole person and it's a good possibility that he will work with me. Especially if I continue to lose weight, and since there's no other real...
  7. M

    Looking for suggestions on where to go for surgery?

    Thank you both for your suggestions, I'll definitely follow up on all of them! It's so frustrating knowing that I need to lose weight, want to lose weight, but can only do so by adhering to the strictest of diets and not adding exercise. I know this is a common enough problem for a lot of...
  8. M

    Overweight and in desperate need of TRHR

    First, let me say I hope you find the ability to have your surgery as soon as possible and that it works out amazingly for you. I can sympathize with you regarding most of what you're saying. It's heartbreaking and soul shattering when you're in this much pain and no one will help you - even...
  9. M

    BMI too high for surgery in Portsmouth

    Hello - don't want to hijack the thread but 1. best of luck finding someone! I know how hard it is when they turn you away b/c of your weight. 2. Any ideas on surgeons that are willing to do the surgery in the US, Connecticut, specifically? Having the same problem. Lost 80lbs so far, never...
  10. M

    Just Got To Know

    First, best of luck! Hope your surgery goes well and you're up and going in no time. Just wanted to add what I know of my mother's replacements. (she's had both hips and knees done - I am trying to get my hip done but will need both hips and knees done eventually). My mother is also a teacher...
  11. M

    My pre op story

    :dancy:Sounds like it's your time to take care of you. I'm so happy that things are looking up for you! Hope your surgery goes so well and this is all just a distant memory soon for you!
  12. M

    Looking for suggestions on where to go for surgery?

    This might be a long shot but I'm pretty much desperate at this point. I've been in need of a THR for about 2 years. I've gone to many doctors and they all agree, I need a THR - my problem is that my BMI is too high (48) and no one will do it. I've lost about 80lbs but it doesn't seem like it...
  13. M

    Trouble finding doctor to do surgery due to age

    Not sure if he's near CT at all, but I'm 36 and have found that while the doctors will do the surgery because of my age, they won't because of my weight (whole different topic but wanted to be upfront about what I know). I've spoken with doctors at numerous hospitals/offices and while they're...
Back
Top Bottom