Recent content by margo

  1. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    @helenium Yes your posting worked and thanks for letting me know about your exsperience ,I am getting a little better, but I still need a floater belt around my waste in the deep end . This is a funny thing to happen .Of all the things there happens to some, of our friends on Bonesmart I...
  2. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    @Clipper Thank you .I had them measured only 4 weeks out from surgery ,and they measured the same lenght . I will have it done again . Maybe things have changed.It is worth a try. Margo
  3. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    @jacey and@mojo333 Thank you both so much for posting back to me . I feel so much better now ,I guess I just needed to hear that it is not uncommon to feel the groin discomfort .I will keep and eye on doing exercises a little gentler . with much gratitude...
  4. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Hello I have not psted in a while . I guess no news good news . I am now 4month and 2 week out from an anterior left total hip replacement . I am having a lot of tightness in the left groin area the psoas muscle I think its called .I stretch a lot and do water classes and still it tightens up...
  5. margo

    Second try at getting hip replacement right...tomorrow

    @ircpft Welcome to BoneSmart I am sure it will be a great support to you .I am now 8 weeks out from THR with some limitation for the first 7 weeks .It will be good when you get rid of the pain,as you will .I wish a good outcome from your surgery and healing and most important peace of mind .
  6. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Dear friends . I am now 8 weeks out from left THR and I have started to go to the pool to help my muscles regenerate .I was 7 weeks only 50 % wt bearing ,since last week I now am fully wt bearing .I went at a little too heavy ,rejected my cane and limped on . Well the ankle got a mild sprain and...
  7. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Thank you @kidhipster It is so good to hear you had that experience and so good that you are now totally fine I am going to start walking in the pool ,it is heated so that will be nice .The therapist I am seeing says that really is all you need to do do .I am off the medication I am almost 8...
  8. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    @Layla nice of you to notice . I wish you a great week too. :loll:Margo
  9. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Thank you @alexthecat .Feels positive and good .We are lucky it can be done . Margo
  10. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Thank you @alexthecat I would like the new thread name to be "New hip was the answer ". I so appreciate the help . I am not that great with computers ,as you may have noticed .Thanks Margo
  11. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Thanks @alexthecat for putting me in the right place . You have always been so helpful. @Josephine so glad you responded to me I feel much relief and I do not have a problem with waiting and let the body do its work. So glad you caught me. My ever helpful loving husband already had the heel...
  12. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Thank you @Horseshoe I will follow your example and get some new ones. Maybe I can even find some there are well fitting and cute. :) Margo
  13. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Thank you Jaycey. I appreciate your advice. I probably have to give it a little more time. Also thanks for the suggestion of getting new shoes. That will be nice to get. I used to love shoe shopping so this is a good reminder of starting a new chapter. I am on the stretches, my poor body...
  14. margo

    THR New hip was the answer

    Hi I am now released to bearing full weight on my THR leg. I have spent 7 weeks with a walker bearing 50% weight on the operated leg. I was jubilant when the doctor told me you are free to do anything now. Well the joy was a little short lived when I started walking. I feel like a sailor on...
  15. margo

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Yes Zinnia I can relate to you with the exercises we want to get back to normal,and forget that our muscles need time to heal .I am currently on 50 % non wt bearing on my left leg that recieved a nice new hip on Sept 14 th this year .I am so tired of my walker ,and have gotten a flare up in my...
Back
Top Bottom