Recent content by marco4432

  1. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Hi Campervan, I think your right the pain from walking is because I can not straighten my leg hence all the pressure of walking with a bent knee, at my MUA MY Doctor said he got full extension and bent it to 130 easily, after MUA I increased my bending to 110 but lost extension to -30, two weeks...
  2. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Thanks SFbay sailor, I have had four sets of x-rays done, but he did not reiew any of them with me this time he will and I will get copies, then 2nd opinion as I would have no idea what the x-ray will show me I just hope if I get a second opinion the Doctor will be honest but somehow I doubt it. M
  3. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Thanks DogLoverx3, I have a Basset Hound Streaky, if he could speak he would tell you that I hae tried all these forms of exercises, If I may ask I see I had my TKR 2 1/2 months before you could you tell me what your numbers are at present, if I recall when I was at 5 to 6 weeks post op I was...
  4. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    But as I am not a surgeon I guess I will have no idea if what he tells me is true or false ?? Thanks for taking the time to read my post Regards M
  5. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Sorry I got disconnected. So in brief I do not think that I overdo any exercises, there are days I do nothing, when I do nothing I lose ROM and the knee tends to be more stiff. My walking has improved since gaining -15 but at 5 months, I feel that there is no way I can return to work. I have...
  6. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Thanks for everyone who replied, howeer I would just ike to clarify that after MUA it was -30 now -15 The CPM machine is a passive way to slowly bend knee, it can not force you to bend, it will just lift you up and as to flexation it does nothing to help as ones leg is not held in the machine...
  7. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    I am in desperate need of advice please. TKR 09/30/13 MUA 01/06/14, seems like what I had gained in extension I have lost in flexion. Last PT with considerable force went from 90 to 115 flexion. After MUA, extension was at -30 hence after MUA pain was terrible as I was walking with my knee at...
  8. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Happy New Year to every one, I there anyone who could gie me info on MUA, I had mine done yesterday, I got back home around 3 pm Iceing and elevating, I slept for one hour the pain is horrendous, I have suffient Medications as I am Opiode tollerant, they do not seem to be relieving the Pain...
  9. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Merry Christmas to everyone, I saw my OS last week and he said that I need an MUA, so its scheduled for Jan 6 th, my numbers are -8 to 88 flex, despite PT, exercising at home, and recently had a CPM for 3 weeks, used it for 4 to 6 hours a day, no improvment on bend as when it gets to the max...
  10. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Thanks to everyone for your input, it has been very helpful, as to achieivng 130 at four weeks, unbelievable congratulations on getting there, but I think your recovery is the exeption rather then the rule, as at four weeks I was lucky to get to 70. I think I have resigned myself to wait as it...
  11. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Warm regards to everyone, hope you all had a great thanksgiving, I'm looking on advice that anyone who has had an MUA could give me, I'm coming up to my 10 week post Op, will be seeing by OS in two weeks which will make it 12 weeks, my rom is -8 to +96 measured yesterday at PT ( PT forced it...
  12. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Hi Kar1963,and Josephine If I may ask did you decide on the MUA or was it your OS ?, My surgery was 3 weeks after yours my flexation is still at 80 with poor etension -10. To follow up on the CPM, I went to PT on Wednesday, Thursday morning I woke up with pain in my foot on the side, the top and...
  13. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Thanks Josephine for your imput, just one more question if you don't mind me asking, orthopaedic nurse of 53 years experience in orthopaedics and joint replacement, You must have a great understanding when it comes to TKR and recovery. I have no problem to standing up to my OS, however I...
  14. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Thanks again, your inputs are very helpful, I've become so isolated I look forward to reading any responses. Firstly please accept my apologies for boring you all, I'm approaching my 8 th week post surgery, I remember the 6 OS, I have met to discuss the TKR surgery and recovery time, each one...
  15. M

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Thanks to everyone for your inputs, at PT all exersises are sets of ten, the knee bending the PT does is massage and then 3 x knee bends , he bends then tells me to push up against his resistance then he slowly bends with force untill I tell him to stop, my flex is max 80 but after he bends and...
Back
Top Bottom