Recent content by maplesugar

  1. maplesugar

    Removal of old plate during THR/complicated THR

    Congratulations on your good result, Butterfly! How was your recovery, since your body had been compensating for the discrepancy for so long? Had you always worn lifts and built up shoes? I only wore a built up shoe for a few months (it was prescribed by a back doctor, but when my then hip...
  2. maplesugar

    Removal of old plate during THR/complicated THR

    Hi Josephine, I'm pretty sure the article is talking about nerve injuries incurred during THR. The main point of the article is that nerve damage isn't necessarily correlated with THR where there is leg length discrepancy (a relief!) However nerve damage during surgery is correlated with more...
  3. maplesugar

    Removal of old plate during THR/complicated THR

    Thanks for your reply Josephine! Sorry I don't have an x-ray. I've had an osteotomy but when I look at examples of x-rays for derotation osteotomy, there are long screws that go deep into the femoral head. I don't have that; my plate is lower down on the length of the femur bone and the...
  4. maplesugar

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    My surgery has been changed from June 6th to June 18th (which actually works out better for me, so yay!)
  5. maplesugar

    Power recliner or power lift recliner?

    Woo hoo! I went to Savers today and found a lift recliner. I had someone plug it in so I could test it; it works great, although the fabric is a bit dirty. It didn't have a price on it, so I asked the guy, and he went to ask someone else. I was thinking I'd be happy to get it for $50 or even...
  6. maplesugar

    Power recliner or power lift recliner?

    I have been looking for a reasonably priced power lift recliner. I've seen a couple on Craigslist but they were snapped up before I could get them. I plan to use it as long as I need it, then resell it, so hopefully the net expense won't be too bad. @hipster_chic , amazing Goodwill find...
  7. maplesugar

    Removal of old plate during THR/complicated THR

    I'm having my left hip replaced on June 6th. I've had a lifetime of trouble with it due to congenital dislocation, including a number of surgeries when I was a child. There is still a plate with six screws in my femur, which has been in place for over 30 years. I've heard that having to remove...
  8. maplesugar

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi, I'm new too, 43 years old and having my left hip replaced because of a congenital dysplasia that never got fixed really well. It's been over 30 years since I had a major hip surgery and I'm really nervous. It's a complicated procedure; there's a plate and pins in my femur that have been...
Back
Top Bottom