Recent content by mantell

  1. M

    TKR Hanging in there

    Firefly, Has your skin sensitivity improved since January 5? I am close in age to you (77) and had my surgery on 18 December 2020. The skin sensitivity is driving me crazy. I have to pin up my hems over that knee to even get through the day at home and medication makes no difference. The cream...
  2. M

    TKR All going well, surgeon's instructions lacking.

    OK I'll stop doing them for a month and then try again. The strange thing is the toe stands don't hurt to do in any way. I just feel a slight stretch in my calves.
  3. M

    TKR All going well, surgeon's instructions lacking.

    Thanks for your advice everyone.The gladwrap procedure worked well and now at 9 weeks, the sensitivity is decreasing and I can sleep through without sheet and duvet irritation though I still cannot wear pants. I am off all pain meds. I exercycle 3x a day for 10 minutes and find it relieves any...
  4. M

    TKR All going well, surgeon's instructions lacking.

    Thank you all for your support, it means a lot. I am going to try the gladwrap suggestion tonight and will let you know how I get on.
  5. M

    TKR All going well, surgeon's instructions lacking.

    Don't get me wrong my surgeon works on our All Black's knees and his knowledge is second to none, I am grateful for his ability and being mostly pain free during my three days in hospital. Under night pain he writes -"This is common. Don't worry, but it can take quite a few months to resolve."...
  6. M

    Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2020 Knee Recovery Club

    Just joined today. TKRL on December 18, 2020 so just over 6 weeks. Nights are still hard.
Back
Top Bottom