Recent content by mandasmom

  1. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    I did it!! 1/2 mile
  2. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Thank you!!! I didn’t even think about it being a month, but yes 4.5 weeks!! The primary appt went great, except I am now scheduling my mammogram, colonoscopy, and a pap… Ahhh! I go back to her in a year unless she sees something from those. My scar is fading, a bit lumpy but fading! I can...
  3. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Update: All is going well so far and I am 3 weeks post TRHR today!! I have been to church twice and been riding on short trips with my husband here and there a few times. Saturday, we started walking around our horseshoe (street) which is 1/2 mile door to door. We are starting out every 3rd...
  4. mandasmom

    THR Thr 12 june

    Welcome to the other side!!! It is an amazing place to be! Lots of great information and support here! Christy RTHR - 6/5/24 * Day 9 LTHR - 6/5/17
  5. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Update: 1 week today!! I did call and the OS office refilled my Oxy! Now i am taking it and the 2 Acetaminophen every 6-8 hours depending on what time a day it is. I am no longer setting an alarm during the night. Actually, I have my days and nights a bit mixed up right now… I have only...
  6. mandasmom

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Here it is… Day 7 First time seeing it. The coverings are amazing!! Anterior RTHR (left is top and right is bottom) 7years ago… Day 7 Anterior LTHR (left is top and right is bottom)
  7. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Thank you so much for your responses!! I was worried about needing a refill and that helps to know it is common! The reminder about the pain management article was perfect! I did read it before, but you have proved my husband right. He always says “When the student is ready, the teacher will...
  8. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Ohhhh… I run out of Oxy tomorrow night at 5pm, day 5!! Should I be worried? I realize now it says every 4 hours “as needed”. Maybe I will be kicking myself later for taking it on schedule… i probably could have done 4-6 hours! Maybe I will do that with the last 6 pills to make them last...
  9. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Question(s) of the day!! LOL I have been icing, probably not as much as I should be… i am feeling more give as I touch te leg around my incision. It was VERY tight. How do I know if I should be icing more often? As the soft tissue surrounding “wakes up” is it commonly a burning sensation? As I...
  10. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Thank you for clarifying!! For some reason even at 54 years old, that still catches me up!?!?
  11. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    I took a shower and the itching all over calmed down alot! Now mostly places that get “activated” now. (by the fan, tickled by my hair, dryness of my heel…) I have Cera-Ve lotion and will try that! I am getting more mobile! I can get in and out of bed, shower, and pull my foot toward me in the...
  12. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Day 3 post-op (Day 4 if you count surgery day, do we?). Now I have a new development… I am itching all over!! No rash, incision is not swollen, raised, or warm. I am just itchy all over!! Arms, legs, top and heels of feet, cheeks, neck, and earlobes too!! Histamines? Can I take Benadryl...
  13. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    I have a question! Is it bad not to be using crutches or a walker only 2 days post-op? Showering and going to the bathroom without assistance? I know it could get worse before it gets better because feeling will start coming back even more…. Thank you!
  14. mandasmom

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    Surgery yesterday afternoon… It was/is amazing… i counted down each and every day!! Laughed with the nurses while gatting prepped! I was ready. I started feeling the anesthesia in my IV and asked if he started it. He said “Yes, are you ready to take a nap?” The nurse said to start counting...
Back
Top Bottom