Recent content by mama2sinead

  1. mama2sinead

    One Year Anniversary Celebration - Did you have one?

    Natasha (R knee) turns 1 yo on 9/2. I'm planning to drop off cards/surprises to my ortho surgeon, PT, and nutritionist - my team. I'm also having a celebration w/my family and close friends. I've got the personal celebration covered, but I'd love ideas on what to give my team. Did you have a...
  2. mama2sinead

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    RTKR - September 2, 2014 6 weeks PO!
  3. mama2sinead

    Having difficult time accepting TKR surgery

    Welcome to the group! I've totally been in your shoes. In fact, I cried ... yes, I cried ... when I was told that TKR was my only option. I was in such denial that I sent my x-rays to Emory where they do stem cell replacement. It wasn't until I heard from the MD there that I had 0% chance of...
  4. mama2sinead

    NSAID Before Surgery - Urgent Question!

    Thanks, all. I had to cancel my appt. But ... it's all worked out for the best. I'm now w/a new OS who I have TOTAL confidence in. This guy is superb. I'm rescheduled for 9/2 and can't wait. I know that it all happened for good reason. Thanks for the links and support. I truly appreciate it all.
  5. mama2sinead

    NSAID Before Surgery - Urgent Question!

    I'm scheduled for my first TKR on Tuesday. Nobody in pre-admissions testing told me to stop my NSAID (Meloxicam) before surgery. In fact, they said that I could take it the day before. I had no idea this was a potential problem until I was chatting w/a friend on Friday when she asked me if I had...
Back
Top Bottom