Recent content by malkie1953

  1. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    Tomorrow will be 8 weeks post tkr on my right knee. I have fluid on the front of my knee and the pain has gotten worse. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    I have this pocket of fluid on the front of my knee. Tomorrow is 5 weeks since surgery. Is this normal?
  3. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    Hmm. I’m sorry if I’m missing something. I take 3 Motrin 200mg and 2 extra strength Tylenol 500mg every 4 hours. 2 oxy 5mg to sleep at night. New to me now is I have bad muscle pain in the back of my knee. Also some tight spots on top of my leg along with a tight piriformis muscle. The tight...
  4. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    1. It ranges from 3 to 5. I’m a bad judge of that. A few days ago after the sharp pain I felt and the massage from the therapist my pain was up to 10-12! 2. Prescribed oxy 5 mg. I stopped taking them 2 weeks after surgery and went to Tylenol and Motrin. I went back on 10 mg oxy to sleep (every...
  5. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    Yes I would be happy to answer questions.
  6. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    Wow!! I wish I had read this at the beginning of my recovery. Since this really bad flare up I’ve been resting a whole lot more and Toned down the need to work this knee so much. Thank you for THE best advice of all. I have a totally new perspective and I’m enjoying being relaxed and giving my...
  7. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    Thank you! I’m somewhat of an overachiever which doesn’t always benefit me. I’m so afraid that I will lose motion if I don’t do my therapy at least once a day. I normally do it twice every day. Thank you again.
  8. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    Thank you so so much for all the responses. I’m Also really sorry I started new threads. I, for some reason, am confused on how to use this site. How do I come back to my thread, how do I find it ? It helps so much knowing I’m not alone in this. That pain I was experiencing was almost more...
  9. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    i had TKR on my right knee in August 29, 2018 and things were going well for the most part. My therapist said I was above the grade in bending and straightening my knee. On Monday when I went from a laying down position to sitting I got a shooting pain in my knee, mostly at the muscle right...
  10. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    I’m 3 weeks out of my 2nd TKR, first one May 9, 2018. I am now having big problems with my piriformis muscle. It’s so tight and causes me so much pain. The pain in my knee is very manageable, even going up and down stairs foot over foot. This pain in my back is what I’m having problems with...
  11. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    I’m 3 weeks out TKR in my right knee. I have pain and burning on my shin. I vaguely remember this happening on my left TKR but not real sure. Is this normal.
  12. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    To Josephine, yes, I would be agreeable. So sorry for the delay in responding. I was having a hard time using the site for some reason. thank you to everyone else who responded!
  13. malkie1953

    2018 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    How do I join this group and start a post?
  14. malkie1953

    2018 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I had my left TKR on May 9, 2018 and I did really well with the PT and walking. I am 7 weeks out now and my pain started getting worse when I walk. I'm back to work sitting at a desk for 8 hours. Last weekend my husband and I strolled through the mall on Saturday and then Sunday I did a bunch...
  15. malkie1953

    TKR My knee is tighter and more painful<

    Hi, I am new to the forum. I've actually been reading posts since my TKR but I decided to join in. I had my left knee replaced on May 9, 2018 and I was blessed with pretty good recovery. I'm now at 6 weeks post op and I feel like the pain when I walk has increased. I'm back to work half days...
Back
Top Bottom