Recent content by Maldugs

  1. M

    Arthroscopy Maldugs’ arthroscopic meniscus surgery

    Ok, had arthroscopic meniscus surgery on my left knee on 12th April, I can now walk unaided without crutches which is a relief after 7 weeks, the knee is still a bit sore but I guess it is only 7 days since the surgery, my surgeon said this may be the last try before I need a knee replacement...
  2. M

    Knee pain left leg

    Ok, had arthroscopic meniscus surgery on my left knee on 12th April, I can now walk unaided without crutches which is a relief after 7 weeks, the knee is still a bit sore but I guess it is only 7 days since the surgery, my surgeon said this may be the last try before I need a knee replacement...
  3. M

    Knee pain left leg

    I have seen my Ortho, and had an MRI, I have horizontal tears in my medial and lateral meniscus also a meniscal flap wedged against my MCL, did a good job looks like!! I am seeing the specialist next week, hope it doesn't mean a knee replacement, maybe they can fix me arthroscopically. see what...
  4. M

    Knee pain left leg

    I can now not walk without crutches, the pain in my knee is severe, saw my Ortho yesterday, and he feels that I have meniscus or ligament damage, having a MRI next Wednesday, he showed me the Xray that I had 5 months ago and both knees have good joint space, so it's not bone on bone, looking...
  5. M

    Knee pain left leg

    Hi, I had a Total Hip Replacement 18 months ago, and all went well after recovery, recently I have developed pain down the side of the knee (on the right hand side facing forward, ) It is quite panful to walk on it, I saw my GP and am scheduled for a cortisone injection 6 days from now, this...
  6. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Hi again, saw my Surgeons Physio on the 22nd,as my OS was at a conference, he assessed me, moved my leg around, put pressure on hip in various places, and said he was sure it was muscular, gave me an exercise ( lying on back, knees bent up, drop leg to side 30 times, twice a day) this has...
  7. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Hi everyone, 14 months since my THR, was doing ok but 5 weeks ago at 3am I was coming out of our bathroom in the dark and hit the end of the bed and fell onto the hip side and broke a rib, that has healed but I am wondering if I have damaged the hip somehow, as I am quiet sore, my balance is off...
  8. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Hi, 8 months out, still pain at night, can only sleep on one side at a time which wakes me up several times during the night, have been doing physio at doctors request, stepping up on operated side, bridging, doing standups from chair with elastic band around thighs, every day to strengthen my...
  9. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Hi I drive, garden, play lawn bowls twice a week, I walk, but I can't walk as far as when I could before the replacement.
  10. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Hi everyone, it is now 7 months since my hip replacement, I am doing all the normal things that I do, but my hip is still sore on the outside of my thigh, some days better than others, it is sore in bed, and sometimes when walking and I have to change sides several times during the night, don't...
  11. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Hi Everyone, 5 months now since the Hip replacement, back to bowling, gardening, driving ok, hip still a bit stiff, but, when sleeping my hip hurts, and I have to alternate sides quite often, I am stiff when I get up with sore back, this all goes away during the day, and I can do stuff without...
  12. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Thanks for the replies, I am not doing too bad, resuming life a bit, still a bit sore, but one thing I have noticed, I can reach down to my right, foot easily to put my socks on and tie my shoelaces, but getting the left ( operated ) side is a struggle, have trouble stretching down, seems like...
  13. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Hi everyone, my hip area is still sore, especially when I am in bed at night, it's nearly 4 months since the operation, I am walking, driving, and playing bowls on Saturdays, so life is getting back to normal, except for the soreness in the hip area, anyone else experiencing this ?
  14. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Ok Hi everyone, I successfully Played a full game of bowls yesterday, full game 42 bowls played, a bit stiff today, used muscles I have not used for a long time, felt great, but still a bit sore along the scar line, guess a bit of healing going on still. :yahoo:
  15. M

    THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

    Thank you everyone for your support :wave:
Back
Top Bottom