Recent content by Majic

  1. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    I am now almost 10 weeks post op. All seems well. My Surgeon when I saw him was very pleased. I drove to our local park this morning with no problem and I have been walking 1 mile a day during our prolonged dry weather. At first it was difficult, now it is easy. I would now like to know...
  2. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    @Jamie @Layla Many thanks for the details about membership, but can you give the prices in Pounds Sterling please. When I was on the site with my knee replacements, I tried to give a donation in £sterling and it proved impossible.
  3. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    @myglasshalffull Thanks for the tip, but I don’t think I have long enough tongs. We don’t barbecue.
  4. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    @Denni444. Thanks for the tips, I’ll try drying my legs as you suggest then go to the bedroom to dry my feet and toes.
  5. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    I am now showering with my husbands help. One problem is stopping me showering alone. I have a long handled sponge to do lower legs and feet, but how on earth do I dry them without breaking 90 degree rule, toes especially?
  6. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    Two things I would like to know, !. Why can’t I open the Hip Recovery Guidelines any more? 2. When will I be able to get off an ordinary toilet? At the moment I can’t visit anyone or go anywhere unless I know there will be a disabled toilet.
  7. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    @2nd Hippy, I seem to be getting on top of my bladder problems. On Monday I saw a Consultant Urologist who diagnosed an inflamed bladder as he did when I had it after my knee replacement, and also sent me for a bladder and kidney scan. They then found out that my bladder is not emptying...
  8. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    Unexpected Pain. I am 5 weeks out, and last night for the first time I was woken up in the night by an acute pain in my hip. I have had very little pain day or night before that. I got out of bed and walked around for a while and it eventually went. Is this usual after all this time? It...
  9. Majic

    THR Time to commit?

    I’m much older than you, but the decision was made for me when I couldn’t get off a toilet without a surround with arms and a raised set. I couldn’t visit friends in case I needed the toilet. I couldn’t walk without two sticks, and when I could do little around the house the decision was made...
  10. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    My samples are coming back negative so far another has gone off top lab. The idea of an antiseptic tablets is that if my bladder is just inflamed then it will prevent any bugs attaching themselves to it. My new antibiotic is called cefALEXin, and contains 500mg Cefalexin. Last night was much...
  11. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    How long do we have to keep to the 90degree rule? I am finding it very difficult to use the toilet without bending slightly, especially on a raised toilet seat. I am only 5ft 1in and my feet barely touch the floor.
  12. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    @Phoebie Suddenly things went backwards and after getting up 12 times one night I have seen two more Doctors this week and am now on an extra strong antibiotic + antiseptic tablets. Last night was much better.
  13. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    @2nd Hippy Like you I have had dozens of UTIs after one of my knee replacements I had one which lasted almost a year and I lost loads of weight. The bladder specialist said that it is because you are catheterised during surgery and the catheter damages the bladder lining, so that you can pick...
  14. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    @Phoebie The improvement at night didn’t last, and Saturday night/Sunday morning I got up 11 times and developed severe stomach pain. As it was Sunday the Surgery was closed and I had to call out the emergency out of hours Doctor. There was a storm all day which he had to battle through, but...
  15. Majic

    THR Sleep walker

    I have today had my second shower - finally found a tiny shower chair to fit in our small shower. Now clean all over and freshly washed hair - allelulia! Just been out for my first outdoor walk. Not easy where I live as no footpaths on road outside, just a country lane really. However today...
Back
Top Bottom