LTAC=Long Term Acute Care
Now my blood pressure is too high fothe last week or so; it’s 189/90 now & they gave me Losartan & Metoprolol 3 hours ago......I feel terrible......a little short of breath.
I asked for a CT w/contrast last night because I was scared I had a pulmonary embolism since I...
Medicare requires in home nursing and none of the facilities that do in home will accept me because of the cost of the antibiotics.
The place I was in earlier this year called Kindred will take me I think, but the aides and nurses were HORRIBLE and I don’t want to go through people treating me...
I think Dec 19 is when the 6 weeks would end.
This hospital wants me out but so far all LTAC Hospitals have refused me to transfer.
I feel truly miserable
Did anyone take the antibiotics for less than 6 weeks? The infectious disease doctor has me on IV ampicillin & IV Avycaz & oral Rifampin. They’re spaced out 6 hours for ampicillin & 8 hours for Avycaz but I can only have IV Phenergen every 8 hours with Avycaz & Zofran with the Ampicillin.
I’m...
Skigirl, I can order from Amazon but payday from Uncle Sam is still too far away; they pay me on 2nd Wednesday each month, so when there’s a month like Nov it makes it 6 weeks or almost that long since last payday, which makes my life even more complicated and hard.
Please tell me the exact name...
Thanks everyone.
Yesterday I took Compazine & had the nurse start the IV Tygacil in about 30 minutes.
The Infectious Disease Doctor also added Rifampin orally so I swallowed it & had the next IV antibiotic started.
I started feeling super nauseous before it was finished; I think it was...
My cultures show I have”klebsiella pneumoniae” & “enterococcus “. The infectious disease doctor has prescribed ampicillin IV every 6 hours, gentamicin IV for 1 hour 10 minutes & Tygacil 100 mg 1 hour infusion, & Rifampin 300 mg 2xdaily. I took an IV dose of Tygacil Saturday & it gave me severe...
I intended to ask if anyone is experienced with applying for & getting approved for Medicaid when one already has Medicare, or if anyone knows an organization that helps people?
I’ve been denied for Medicaid in the past because my income was supposedly “too high”, which is ludicrous!
The Case...
Latest **long as usual** update from Maisybo:
I went home July 7th w/spacers in my leg & it was extremely difficult to walk even a few steps. My leg felt as if it was being bent backwards as far as it would go all the time & I was in really bad pain just walking a few steps with my walker.
I had...
I have Medicare only; I’m 56 & disabled. I have tried to get Medicaid too but Health & Human Services advised me I make too much money with what my disability benefits are; supposedly $17/month over the limit. I’ve worked full time since age 16 & it has actually hurt me that I worked almost 40...
**Update from Maisybo - long**
Things have been very difficult, to say the least...
After Dr Maale did surgery 3/26/18 to clean out infection, I went to another orthopedic surgeon in Dallas for a second opinion; surgeon’s name is Dr Cyrus Abbasschian. He was so positive & told me he really...
Thank you, everyone for all your helpful & supportive words. It really means so much to me that you’ve all been kind enough to comment on my situation.
The wound vac doctor spoke with me yesterday; I explained what has transpired thus far, & he said “Dr Nguyen is an :censored: but he’s an...
***More Information for Maisybo’s surgery***
I just spoke with the surgery coordinator for Dr Maale. My surgery is scheduled for May 9.
I talked to her a little bit about how terrible my appointment was with Dr Nguyen & said something about getting a different surgeon who wouldn’t go into the...
Update from Maisybo...long...
I called Dr Maale’s assistant & told her about my visit with Dr Nguyen. She said I need to come in & talk to Dr Maale about it, which I plan to do as soon as I can get in to see him.
I’ve talked to the Wound Care doctor here at the critical care hospital & he told...
Long Surgery Update April 7, 2018 for Maisybo:
Dr Maale did surgery on my right knee March 26, 2018.
He saw me very briefly before surgery, looked at my knee & told me there was still too much infection to remove & replace the hardware; he was only going to be able to clean out the infection &...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.