13 months with my knee! Just a quick check-in.
Doing great! Went to Disney World (Magic Kingdom) last week. With that and all of the airport walking no issues.
My only issue is a a tight piriformis muscle and tight IT band. Waiting for the weather to get warmer here and back to cycling...
It’s been just over 5 months.
I’m going up and down stairs like normal.
Going to the gym and/or taking walks approximately every other day. I was biking until it started staying dark in the early morning. At the gym I ride the stationary bike for 30 min (max of level 4), then do either upper...
4 months!
Life has been busy. Recovery continues to go well. I’ve accomplished a couple of my initial biking goals. One was to ride a trail I like, kept it shorter, around 13 miles. The other was a big hill that runs along Lake Michigan. I biked up it yesterday and was so excited when I reached...
I get that! People do not pay attention when driving. A couple summers ago I was nearly hit several times. I wear one of those fluorescent vests now. However I’m not sure how much it helps, folks are in so much of a hurry.
I was just coming in to post. Crazy that it was just three months ago!
Been biking anywhere from 6-9 miles a day. Or on chillier days I go to the gym. Lake Michigan just likes to keep us cool here.
Up and down stairs pretty well.
Work has been super busy as we are short staffed and getting...
It amazes me how quickly some places send folks home! I would have been in no shape to leave the hospital after surgery, I was so out of it and nauseous after surgery I slept on and off all day through the night.
As others have said, ice is your friend! I had the ice machine going 24/7 those...
@Guss just like @Waterlady i too get discomfort in my ankle and I agree it’s from using different muscles. My leg was not aligned and now with a new gait I get muscle pain. It all takes time.
From my 18 year old daughter who was behind me going up the stairs earlier “Hey, I’d didn’t take you a million years to get up the stairs!”
Yes, stairs are easier, up and down going one over the other.
Biked 6 miles on Monday!
Basically done with PT, I do have one more scheduled which I will...
Weather is finally leaning towards summer here in SE Wisconsin (Lake Michigan keeps us cold). Been lovely to get outside ride my bike. Yesterday my head wanted to do the pre-replacement 15-20 mile ride, I kept it to 3.5. Today I did 4.3. Maybe by end of summer I’ll be able to handle a longer...
I’m at just over 9 weeks post op RTKR and yes to the tiredness. I head to bed around 8:30 every night. I’m 51, my daughters like to call me an old lady however I do get up around 5:30, I like the peaceful mornings.
Of course over the weekend and into Monday I way over did it and now I’m paying...
Thanks!
9 weeks today! Recently I related this recovery to my husband to a pie. If you cut the pie in 6 slices, I’m only one slice in!
Life has been busy, my oldest was home from college for a week visit. During that time my 18yo had her final ballet performance awards night at school...
@LD of Michigan glad to hear it’s getting better for you, it’s so annoying. I do realize I’m such a small fraction into this recovery, it just would be nice if it wasn’t so tight and bound as you said (good word to describe it), but all in time.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.