Recent content by Magsmom

  1. Magsmom

    TKR Peroneal nerve issue after TKR?

    Well, the saga of my left TKR just won’t go away. I had gotten some relief after my left hip was done in Sept 2021 and had pretty much decided to forego a revision. But it started acting up again about 6 wks ago - swelling, doesn’t feel all that stable, pain that while not excruciating, is...
  2. Magsmom

    THR Magsmom’s recovery thread

    Hi thank you Layla. While a bit more challenging than the left, Righty is coming along nicely. Unfortunately I’m now dealing with a recalled part in my knee implant…..more on this in the knee section!
  3. Magsmom

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    @HipRev2 You’ll get there. Not in the time frame you want…..but it will get better. Bite size pieces - one day at a time. And if that feels too hard, then one hour at a time. There are special imaging tests that can be done to really look at the peroneal nerve. Mine was “unremarkable” under...
  4. Magsmom

    TKR Peroneal nerve issue after TKR?

    Hi yes, here they are…. Left TKR Oct 19, 2019 MUA #1 Dec 21, 2019 MUA #2 plus arthroscopic clean out Feb 15, 2020
  5. Magsmom

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Oh and btw, I went to the beach last Friday ……and missed Bruce Springsteen by about 20 min. Same exact beach, same parking lot! He goes to this beach often. My house is about 3 miles from where he lives so I’m determined I will run into him someday. Just hope I don’t turn into a blithering idiot...
  6. Magsmom

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Oh God @HipRev2 , I’m so familiar with what you’re going through, how you’re feeling and the pity party trap we all fall into. I think it would be unusual to NOT feel bummed, depressed etc. I’ve had 10 various orthopedic surgeries in the last 4 years incl cervical spine, both shoulders, TKR...
  7. Magsmom

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Hi @HipRev2 just saw your question Re MUA timing. My TKA leg was like a total block of cement. I had my first MUA at about 10 weeks. There’s lots of discussion about it and varying views - but I’m told that generally an MUA done around 10-12 weeks post op has a higher rate of success than doing...
  8. Magsmom

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Hi @HipRev2 First-I went back to the specialist who did my carpal tunnel release. He’s listed as a hand/arm surgeon but in reality he’s a nerve specialist. I’ve known him for a few years and really like and trust him. So my first comment for the peroneal nerve topic is get yourself to the...
  9. Magsmom

    Revision TKR TKR Revision gone wrong

    Hi I’ve had nerve issues associated with my left TKR done 2.5 yrs ago in Oct 2019. I’ve had pain (def nerve pain) on the outside of my leg right near the fibular head since the day I got out of the OR. Now that my hip project has concluded (both replaced in late 2021), it’s time to really...
  10. Magsmom

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    Hi A couple of things. Plz keep in mind I’m not a doctor but this is what helped me. Muscle relaxant- my OS believes it’s needed by many patients. I took Robaxin and/or flexeril. They made me drowsy so only took at night. I’ve also been prescribed Skelsxin for day time. It’s one of the ones...
  11. Magsmom

    TKR Peroneal nerve issue after TKR?

    Thank you everyone for your feedback! I have had this quite a while - my TKR was October 2019. I also had 2 MUAs and an arthroscopic clean out as well. Then the pandemic hit in 2020 and everything stopped. But that area by the fibular head still hurt. Unfortunately I had to change insurance...
  12. Magsmom

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Dude - you and I are alike in our meticulous attention to detail! Measuring and checking temp of your knee daily- impressive!! Either that, or we’re both nerds. Couple of quick things: I’m glad you’re using the cpm. I hear mixed feedback from various doctors, PT etc. I chose to use one after...
  13. Magsmom

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Wow you’ve had a tough time. I’m sorry to hear it. My body produces ridiculous amts of scar tissue too. I had 2 MUAs and an arthroscopic clean out (called a lysis of adhesions). I’m not sure what the reluctance is to consider the LOA. Part of my issue with scar tissue stems from having...
  14. Magsmom

    TKR Peroneal nerve issue after TKR?

    Here’s the longer version …. Ever since my TKR was done my knee was always so filled with fluid. Often it was red and hot too (obviously inflammation). I had it aspirated twice to check for infection- nothing. Even letting the cultures go for 14 days, nothing grew. I ended up w an ortho...
  15. Magsmom

    TKR Peroneal nerve issue after TKR?

    Hi all I’ve been spending time on the BoneSmart hip recovery forum as I had both hips replaced last year - the left one in September and the right in late December. Lefty is doing great- pretty straightforward and easy recovery (though I didn’t know that at the time!). Righty has been much...
Back
Top Bottom