Recent content by maggie23

  1. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Thanks will be seeing the doctor soon and another xray.
  2. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Hi I did not think I would be back so soon. I had both hips replaced in the last 3 years. The cement in the right hip seems to have worn away in less than 3 years. My right hip,thigh,pelvic bone and lower back is swollen/inflamed. My lower spine is showing a lot of wear. Has any one had this...
  3. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Josephine I do not have the pain where the red dot is now. They did not see anything on the xray, said everything was normal, so I am going back to ask my GP to refer me to see my consultant. My hip is still giving way and very painful.
  4. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Thank you everyone.... I will let you know as soon as I get the results. No pain today but I am sure it will be back. It was hard for me to go to the doctor but I had no option.
  5. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    The pain is intermittent. I can start walking normally and then the pain is in my groin and the front of my leg. On the old diagram part of the pain is L2F. I can only walk by limping or have to stand still. The pain is intense. I cannot explain this pain or why at this stage I am having this...
  6. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    I had both hips replaced, I now have pain in my left hip and my groin. When I have the pain I limp. What could this be ?
  7. M

    THR I was doing so well

    You will be shopping for new shoes soon, it just takes time. A good pair of soft trainers are great Good luck.
  8. M

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    I am now booked for the 16th January 2018, i'm fine with the date it has given me a little more time to organise myself after the holidays. Good luck to everyone.
  9. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Hi Jaycey Double hippie club sounds great, I think I will be a little more prepared this time but I don't expect this one to be easier. Going in with an open mind.
  10. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to having the right hip surgery and moving on with life. When I had the left hip done in July my back and hip pain disappeared now 5 months later I have pain in my knees, back and right hip. The left hip has not settled yet.
  11. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Hi I am booked to have my RTH surgery on the 2nd January 2018, I am ready for the surgery now because the right hip is as painful as the left one use to be. I am still recovering from the left
  12. M

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Hi I am booked for 2nd January RTH, I had my left hip replaced in July.
  13. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    I had my LTHR on the 4th July 2017, I do not use the crutch all the time, when walking up stairs I take it one step at a time and still cannot walk up normal Is that ok ? Should I be using a walking stick ? to help reduce the pressure ? I have gone back to the gym but only to use the treadmill...
  14. M

    Bilateral THR Issues with the cement in my right hip

    Thanks everyone. I have read a lot of threads and I will have to come to terms with taking things slow and giving myself a few years for a full recovery on both hips. I was unable to reach to cut my toenails before the op and I cannot do anything to do with my left foot. I am frighten to bring...
Back
Top Bottom