Recent content by maggers88

  1. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Thanks for all your advice. Going to listen to my body a bit more and rest as much as possible. Have Doctors appointment at 6 weeks so will take advice re flying. I am glad to have all your support as I feel like I was given very minimal advice from hospital, no OT and minimal physio. Perhaps...
  2. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Hi, yes am trying to elevate as much as possible. I have another setback when I pulled a muscle? Getting out of car two days ago. Very painful, currently sitting on ice packs. I may have been a bit optimistic to thing that I could do a short haul flight so soon? No change in swelling. I am also...
  3. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Nearly four weeks! Much more mobile but foot swelling is preventing me from going very far. Both ankles now swollen! The foot on my op side becomes very swollen as the day goes on. Has anyone experienced this? I am beginning to wonder if my foot has been damaged (crutch falling on it a couple of...
  4. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Three weeks tomorrow! Still a few issues with swelling and sleeping. I am hoping that the next week will bring more improvements. Patience seems to be the key. It's very difficult to know how much is too much. Trying to balance rest with regular short bursts of walking. Hoping to get a couple of...
  5. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    I had my lazy day but it didn't feel great. I think it makes me feel like I am sick and I don't see myself like that. Had a much better sleep and bruising seems to be responding well to Arnica cream which is applied by any visitor that arrives! Lucky them. Swelling seems to be down slightly...
  6. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Thanks everyone, It's good to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think I have been overdoing things, I am on my own so it is easy to get carried away. I have decided to have a mega lazy day tomorrow, I might stay in my jammies! Ice, elevate and short walks across the room at...
  7. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Thanks for you replies. Bruising has reached my toes but gradually changing colour. Swelling remains a problem. Had to go to a friends for my shower (in her car) had great difficulty finding footwear that would go over my "elephant foot". Settled on some oversized slippers but not sure how I...
  8. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Hi, just wanted to update everyone regarding bruising/swelling, now day11. Bruising continues, it reaches right down to my foot and on inside and outside of ankle. Swelling goes down at night but reappears as soon as I walk. Have been elevating and icing which does help. I try and go to bed for...
  9. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Thanks for your replies, that very reassuring. I have some of the squishy ice packs. It was quite alarming as the hospital did not warn me that this would happen. Onwards and upwards. :)
  10. maggers88

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    Hi, I am one week on after THR. I am getting about on two crutches but have noticed swelling and bruising on operated side. This only appeared on day 5. The bruising seems to go all the way down to my ankle. I am elevating and also walking a few steps every 40 mins. Any other tips on how to deal...
Back
Top Bottom