Recent content by Mabel

  1. Mabel

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    Hi Den, yes that’s it, piling up the cushions without leaning too far forward . I did ask my husband a couple of times, but then it was “higher higher” “lower lower” & after all his help with socks & shoes , I decided to give him a break’.
  2. Mabel

    THR THR 6 Feb 2025 Gladtobediff UK

    I’ve had 2 posterior ops & the 6 week 90degree rule. Because of this I’ve avoided elevating as it was (is) difficult to get safely elevated without breaking the rule. Only 5 more days for me, then my leg will be toes above nose as much as possible to combat fluid retention. I agree about sore...
  3. Mabel

    Revision THR Mabel's Recovery

    Hello, at 4wks I seemed to turn a corner. I found myself walking around the house without needing a crutch or cane. Still using a single crutch outdoors , and only doing a max 3k steps on any day. I still can’t walk upstairs on the operated leg, but feel I’m almost there. The scar is very well...
  4. Mabel

    Metal Allergy Rash/ Bruise at End of Incision After THR

    Hi Kris, Sorry for your situation. I had a mako robotic LH replacement in Sept 2020. In March 2024 I returned from a golf trip and commenced with groin pain & a few instances of terrible painful spasms which lasted hours, all in the operated leg. An X-ray showed no issues with my hip. My physio...
  5. Mabel

    Revision THR Mabel's Recovery

    Hi hippies, I’m 6 days in. All fine. Icing & elevating. When I say elevating I mean lying on my bed, my legs are flat on the bed. As I’ve had a revision the physios have only given me 3 excercises & not heel slides as I did previously. If I’m sat on my bed, can I slide my heel & sit with my...
  6. Mabel

    Revision THR Mabel's Recovery

    I’m on the other side. Major thanks to Prof Board & all the team at Wrightington. I came home yesterday after 2 nights in hospital. I had an early op -1030am, epidural, posterior revision. I was calm throughout thanks to great drugs, and didn’t suffer the sickness that I’ve experienced with...
  7. Mabel

    Revision THR THR Revision January 16

    Hi everyone, I'm in the UK. I'm due for a left hip revision due to metal debris issues, and possible psoas tenotomy on 16th January. Consultant has never seen an MRI like mine. Original hip replacement was September 2020. Have been suffering with groin pain and sometimes worse since March...
Back
Top Bottom