Recent content by m1shootr

  1. M

    TKR My Second TKR

    I hope the best for him. It is a life changing event to be able to walk without pain.
  2. M

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Glad to hear of your successful surgery. Wishing you a speedy rehab. Will be following your journey.
  3. M

    TKR My Second TKR

    9 weeks out now and happy to report all is well. 125 flex and 0 extension with no pain. I walked without a cane and drove at the 3week Mark. Played 9 holes of disc golf yesterday without having to sit down occasionally. I opted out of outpatient pt since I could to all the exercises at home. I...
  4. M

    TKR My Second TKR

    Had my second tkr May 1, (first 12/3/2013). Was originally scheduled for April 3 but was postponed. Surgery went fine and was up for a walk that evening. Dr. Discharged me 1 day early, May 3. I went directly home. My wife was my caretaker for the next 10 days until she had to go back to work...
  5. M

    TKR 10 Weeks post op, 8 weeks to next tkr

    Now 3 months out. Back to rowing and better than before TKR. Next TKR in 3 weeks and looking forward to being able to walk without pain. 30 minutes of cardio daily in prep for next surgery, concentrating on legs. Doing plenty of quad sets during icing post exercise. Also good stretching...
  6. M

    Second TKR scheduled for April 3

    4 weeks now until 2nd TKR. 1st 12/3/13. Have been working out daily to build up strength. Including warm up, biking, rowing and most importantly stretching. I'll be in good shape come 4/3/14. Knowing what to expect relieves anxiety of upcoming surgery. The worst part in the first TKR was the...
  7. M

    Second TKR scheduled for April 3

    Thanks for your support. I opted for 4 months between procedures at the 30 day post op OS visit. I was progressing well with no pain and was optimistic about a second TKA. At this point (2 1/2 months) I'm glad I made the decision. I should be able to enjoy my summer with a lot less pain.
  8. M

    TKR 10 Weeks post op, 8 weeks to next tkr

    I agree. I'm cutting down on the rowing and will do some light biking. 4 days off now from anything but stretching and my knee really appreciates it.
  9. M

    Second TKR scheduled for April 3

    Thanks for the support! I'm looking forward to walking without pain.
  10. M

    Second TKR scheduled for April 3

    Thank you for the support. I am not looking forward to the actual surgery and aftermath, but I am looking forward to walking without pain. It has gotten to the point of not being able to walk after a shopping errand. My new knee is a Godsend, and life will be much better come this summer after...
  11. M

    TKR 10 Weeks post op, 8 weeks to next tkr

    Pain levels 0-1. Icing 3-5 times per day. Elevating above chest. Bike warmup 5 minutes, light resistance. Rowing ergometer, (C2 model D) 20-30 minutes, medium resistance. On weight resistance days (2 days a week), I only do the bike warmup, 9 minutes rowing, and leg extensions 30 lbs. 3 sets of...
  12. M

    Second TKR scheduled for April 3

    Sorry. First was Dec. 2013. Next will be April 3, 2014. Please edit. Thank you.
  13. M

    Second TKR scheduled for April 3

    My LTKR was Dec. 3, 2014. Hoping the upcoming one will go as well.
Back
Top Bottom