Recent content by LynnardSkynard

  1. L

    Bilateral THR June 11 - healing time and numbness

    hi all. Currently recovering from bilateral THR on June 11. Things seem to be going ok, although recovery is taking a lot longer than I expected. I am still walking with crutches - I can take 5-6 steps without (more like a shuffle) but that is all. Should I be walking by now (4 weeks post...
  2. L

    Bilateral THR Back at home after bilateral THR on June 11th

    Hi everyone, just wondering how long I should be on the pain killers (dilaudid and Tylenol) - I am currently at day 10 and have not reduced from my hospital dose. I'm thinking I should probably start coming off of them. Any guidance? thanks
  3. L

    Bilateral THR Back at home after bilateral THR on June 11th

    Hi everyone I am back at home - actually home on the 15th. They said that was the quickest discharge after a bilateral that they had ever seen. I hope it wasn't too early. Surgery went without complication and took my doc about 25 mins per side. For the most part, I am managing pain well...
  4. L

    Bilateral THR Info

    Thanks @Michegon and @Zumbamama - away I go!!
  5. L

    Bilateral THR Info

    Having trouble sleeping tonight - heading to the hospital for 7:45am - surgery at 10:45. Wish me luck.
  6. L

    Bilateral THR Info

    Yes @Sagefemme, temperature in Edmonton is too cold to be on the deck all night, even in the summer - but I could spend my days out there. Does anyone else have the phenomenon where their hips are feeling great just before surgery time? Maybe I don't need to go?
  7. L

    any one have bilateral hip replacement surgery ?

    I am scheduled for Bilateral Hip replacements on Thursday June 11. Can let you know after that. My hips are equally as bad so I figured this was the best way to go. My surgeon thought so also. Will let you know how it goes.
  8. L

    Bilateral THR Info

    Went to Costco today and bought a lounge chair for the deck. Now I need to think of a way to raise it so that I can get into it. Am I being to optimistic to think that I will convalesce on the deck?
  9. L

    Bilateral THR Info

    Yikes. That is not good. I'm hoping I can get up the stairs, else it will be the couch.
  10. L

    Bilateral THR Info

    Thanks everyone. Can any tell me if I will be able to make it up the stairs to the bedroom when I get home - or do I need a bed on the main floor? Thanks. Also, do they always put in a catheter?
  11. L

    2015 June Sunbeams - are you having hip surgery in June?

    Bilateral THR on June 11. Stomach upset for 2 weeks already.
  12. L

    Bilateral THR Info

    Having both hips done on Thursday June 11. Very anxious. I don't believe the approach is anterior or posterior - but lateral with incision on the side - is this correct? I am have the Smith and Nephew Oxinium hip. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom