Recent content by Lynda S

  1. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    @Diva68 Thank you for all this information - it’s a great help. I meant to write “FitFlops” rather than “Flit Flops”. (Sorry to everyone for that error!!). Sketchers and Clarks are mentioned often as being very comfortable so will check both of those out. It’s easy to go and try those on here in...
  2. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    @Katlyw Thank you for your reply. That’s good to know that you’re getting on with them okay. Interesting that you mention Clark’s mules - quite a few people have said how well they get on with them. I shall have a look.
  3. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    @Jockette Thank you Jockette - glad to know I got it right!! Wow!! 26,000 members - that's amazing!! All those people getting help - it's great.
  4. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    @Jockette Thank you very much Jockette. I wasn't sure if I'd got it right or not!! I know this site is marvellous!! As I'm so long out of surgery it's a while since I came on here but it was such a wonderful help to me especially when I had my first replacement. The support I had was amazing...
  5. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Hello Jockette. I'm sorry to read that your operation has caused you such problems. It is very disappointing to say the least when you've gone through all the build up to the surgery; the surgery itself and the recovery period and still be in difficulty. I hope things improve very quickly for...
  6. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Hello Jockette. As you can see it's 8 years this year for my knee replacement and five for my hip replacement. My knee is fine itself but I have a lot of sciatica and low back pain which for some reason started after the surgery on my knee. I'm just hoping now that my knee will carry on for a...
  7. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Oh yes Neehutchy!! Apparently it is good for us to walk barefoot so I think you're probably getting it just right. LOL
  8. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Yes I can see just what you mean It’s an interesting post and helpful too. Thank you!!
  9. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Hello Jockette. Sorry - I wasn’t sure where to post my query and didn’t realise there was a Social Room. I’ll follow your link and continue the discussion there. Thank you.
  10. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Thank you Beachy for your reply and all your helpful suggestions. I’ve had a look at Bernie Mev - they look good and are readily available here in the UK. Thank you also for your going to have a look at Flit Flop and Vionic mules. I’ll be interested to see what you think. I like the idea of...
  11. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    I've had a look online and there is one company that has a limited amount of Abeo footwear in the UK. It looks very interesting. I noticed that when searching for Abeo, Vionic shoes/mules were mentioned and we can get those readily here so perhaps they may be okay. I would love to wear the...
  12. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Thank you Jockette for your reply. Yes fully agree not to wear the ordinary beach type flip flops. Actual branded Flit Flops and Vionic mules are of the orthotic type but it sounds a great idea to have mules with your own orthotics in. Not sure if that is available here in the UK.
  13. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    Thank you Pumpkin for your reply. Yes I agree there are plenty of issues with this type of footwear. I wouldn't consider wearing ordinary flip flops but do you still think the branded Flit Flops and Vionic mules that are meant to support your arches and correct your gait are still a "No, no"...
  14. L

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    As soon as summer comes I'm always temped to buy either Flit Flops or Vionics but when I read how they alter the way you walk and stand I wonder if it is okay to wear them when you've had a replacement knee or hip. I've had both a knee and hip replacement. I was wondering if anyone knows...
Back
Top Bottom