Recent content by luv2sew

  1. luv2sew

    TKR Luv2Sew's Post Op Experiences

    Question: does anyone have or has anyone experienced tightness along the inner lower leg (inner ankle up about 3-4 inches) on the surgical side post surgery? I constantly have this tightness and I feel that it is hindering my mobility. It's stiff in that area so I find it had to walk without...
  2. luv2sew

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    9 days post op (bandage change) Right TKR 5/4/2016
  3. luv2sew

    TKR Luv2Sew's Post Op Experiences

    @newlybionic -- thank you for advice. I think what I've found most frustrating is that all the providers from day 1 have had different recommendations (surgeon, nursing staff, PT). Hard to determine what is "right" and what is "wrong." So I've adopted the, "If it hurts, I'm not doing it...
  4. luv2sew

    TKR Luv2Sew's Post Op Experiences

    @bottomshollow -- thank you I survived PT today. Still hard work getting the leg up on raises. Heel slides got to 87 degrees (I was incorrect stating 115 degrees previously). Heel slides from sitting position went to 92 degrees. Back on CPM now. Will be moving CPM flex up incrementally...
  5. luv2sew

    TKR Luv2Sew's Post Op Experiences

    Starting a running note on post op - other was called 4 days post op. My RTKR was 5/4/2016. I am now 9'days post op. Still in pain meds, ice, rest, elevation and PT exercises. Let's talk about PT. I'm doing (attempting) the usual exercises. I can do quad squeezes, heel (wind-shield wiper)...
  6. luv2sew

    TKR Luv2Sew's Post Op Experiences

    Had RTKR on Wednesday, May 4th. Got home yesterday morning and took a nap. The pain block wore off and my leg feels swollen and stiff. Have PT in home today. Trying to find comfortable way to sleep (and use restroom-- sigh). Looking forward to moving past pain. Any suggestions or words of...
  7. luv2sew

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    @Dawni -- That's thinking ahead! Is it the voice of experience? Spoke with Pre-Op nurse interviewer this morning. Have my TKR class and pre-op appointment on April 25 in the morning.
  8. luv2sew

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    May 4 - total knee replacement -- right knee -- first time All "veterans" or those who know folks who've had replacement say it's totally worth it...
Back
Top Bottom