Recent content by Lupyhippie

  1. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Hi everyone!! I’ll be 12 weeks out from my revision this week. Recovery went ok except that my immune system did not like the stitches and kept opening up in little places and spitting a stitch or two out its almost fully recovered and I’m hoping last weeks stitch was the last of it. I thought...
  2. Lupyhippie

    THR Now my other side hurts.

    Hi Jeff. I had this same phenomena. My left hip (the one that was just revision) had felt great after Sx 1 (and 2 revision for bleeding) but then my rt hip started hurting while initially recovering. I did the left THR sx much faster than my rt once the pain and xray showed this was going to be...
  3. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Is it ok to sit with my knees up while lying supine w head propped up (like in the sunbathing kind of position)? It sure feels good.
  4. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Welp, that postop party ended quickly. I’m PostOp 10 fr THR revision. I’ve not had pain per se as with the other million past surgeries.But im now having this continued quad contracted feeling especially just above the knee. And just below the “fold” at the top of my leg. I’ll use an Aussie...
  5. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    I’m having almost no pain this time. Is this normal? Im Day 3 post op. L Revision using anterior approach. Granted they didn’t have to mess with the stem but no pain. However my leg feels so numb like a block. Will this eventually go away? And hey Layla, I TOOK A NAP TODAY!! (My story goes...
  6. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Hi. Mods We can move me over to Hip recovery area. change title to “Recovery post 3 hips and a knee”
  7. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Well nope, of course not. Cruel April 1st joke (scheduled for 4/2) but I guess no one including the surgeon looked at my chart ahead of time and they wanted more tests (anesthesia>pulmonary, and surgeon> more imaging). Now it’s this week - 5/7!! I’ve clicked on to refresh myself on the donts...
  8. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Alrighty. Here we go again. We’ve done testing and imaging and rehashing this whole debacle. All imaging has been thoroughly evaluated by both my primary ortho and my revision ortho. Despite there being nothing glaringly wrong on my imaging (as read by radiologist) and nothing wrong with leg...
  9. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    Well logging back on because it’s been a really tough year. I’m one year post TKR this upcoming week. And I’ve been doing all the testing for the upcoming revision surgery scheduled for 4/2. BUT during this one year with the knee I have never gotten my full strength back due to having to slow...
  10. Lupyhippie

    THR 5.5 weeks post left THR - glass half empty?

    I’ve done THR in both and TKR with A LOT of complications and I’m 64. The first THR was a breeze as you reported but just exactly like you I hit a wall and experienced some depression and fatigue. I’m no dr but it could be there’s some underlying anxiety and depression about going back to work...
  11. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    REVISION PLAN . My original surgeon (Tampa Bucs team dr) referred me to the Revisionist he uses for complex cases. Dr Brian Palumbo at Florida Orthopedic in Tampa. After reviewing the films from the ER and my original operating reports he said he can fix it but he’d like to know the cause of...
  12. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    I’d like it to say “Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision plan “
  13. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    HERE WE GO AGAIN My Left Hip dislocated during Thanksgiving and again 3 weeks later and both times I was doing nothing but sitting. To refresh this was the hip that was replaced 7/2023 via a posterior incision. I did have a post op complication (read this thread for explanation but that was...
  14. Lupyhippie

    Revision THR Dislocation 3 yrs out/Revision Plan

    How do I change the title of my post when I reply to the old one ?
Back
Top Bottom