Recent content by Luna Sea

  1. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    @Layla when should I start posting in the post op forum?
  2. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    @Spex10 Yes, the waiting is definitely the hardest part for sure. Hopefully it will be here before you know it! Prayers for you!
  3. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    @Layla My surgery went well, but they kept me overnight. Slept good between staff visits, which was like clockwork. They were awesome and really on their game. Resting now, waiting for breakfast and my friend is bringing me some Non-hospital coffee. Hope to be discharged today at some point.
  4. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    @Mojo333 Yes, I'm sure most everyone going into the hospital for surgery has slightly elevated bp. Hopefully they can give me something at the hospital to control during surgery if it is still high. It was slightly better at my doctor visit yesterday and I'm going back again this a.m. for...
  5. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    @Mojo333 Hey, yes...I had it yesterday! My bp was 170/121, so I'm going to my GP this morning for a bp checkup. My Ortho was very concerned with my bp and wanted to make sure it was under control before surgery. I'm praying all goes smoothly. I'm ready to get this over with! Thank you for your...
  6. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    @Elf1 Ok...thank you!
  7. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    I thought I'd post a little update... I had two shots in my lower back 2 weeks ago that have helped with the majority of the back pain I was having, which was almost unbearable. Not sure if they went into the SI Joints or bursa (I think we decided on the bursa area), but either way, it helped...
  8. L

    THR What does hospital provide? What do I need to buy?

    Thank you all for your information. I believe I will get the things I know I'll need ahead of time, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry!
  9. L

    THR What does hospital provide? What do I need to buy?

    Surgery is 2 weeks from today! I'm just curious what all the hospital will send home with you and what I need to go ahead and get ahead of time. I have a friend that has a walker I can borrow or will the hospital provide. Same with raised toilet seat. I've heard that is a necessity! Sorry, may...
  10. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    @djklaugh Yes, it is my OS office that said they could give me a shot for my back pain. They, of course, said the same thing as you about not being able to give me another hip injection 3 months before surgery. I have had a shot in my buttocks before for lower back pain and that seemed to help...
  11. L

    2021 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    My surgery has been rescheduled for July 9th now!!! :yes!:
  12. L

    THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

    My RTHR was originally scheduled for July 26th, but due to increasing pain in my lower back, spine and hip, I called my Dr's office today to see if anything was available sooner. July 9th was available! I'm sooooo ready to get this over with! They are going to give me an injection for my back...
  13. L

    THR Date with a new hip in July

    Hi @Spex10 My hip replacement is July 26th, so we will be recouping "together! It's my first joint replacement surgery ever, so I'm pretty nervous, but like you, trying to prepare mentally and physically as much as possible. Also, I'm trying to learn as much as I can from this forum beforehand.
Back
Top Bottom