Lounge Doctor

THR Rescheduled Surgery - Now July 9th!

Luna Sea

Country
United States United States
My RTHR was originally scheduled for July 26th, but due to increasing pain in my lower back, spine and hip, I called my Dr's office today to see if anything was available sooner. July 9th was available! I'm sooooo ready to get this over with! They are going to give me an injection for my back pain next Wednesday. That will hopefully get me by until surgery...hopefully!

djklaugh

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Luna Sea That's really good news that you were able to move your surgery date to a sooner one!

When you say "they" are going to give you an injection for your back pain - is that your surgeon's office? Just a cautionary note - if it's a different doctor make sure they coordinate with your surgeon. Some kinds of medications for these injections are not supposed to be used close to having surgery. A few of them can not be used within 3 months of surgery. I would hate to see you get the surgery pushed way back just because of a failure to communicate!

OP
OP
L

Luna Sea

Country
@djklaugh Yes, it is my OS office that said they could give me a shot for my back pain. They, of course, said the same thing as you about not being able to give me another hip injection 3 months before surgery. I have had a shot in my buttocks before for lower back pain and that seemed to help some, so I'm just going to try that again and PRAY the hip surgery clears up or at least helps ease my back pain. Otherwise, it's on to trying to figure that out. I will however, double check with them before they give me the shot to make SURE this will not delay my surgery.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Piratequeen
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom