Recent content by LTsailor

  1. L

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    Hi glidefloss, Long time lurker here. My ltkr was 12/23/21 just a bit after your first. Anyway, just thought I'd tell you what worked for me on getting up. ANYTIME, i was getting out of bed at night i would do 5 or so foot pumps plus a few glute squeezes before standing. This seemed to reduce...
  2. L

    TKR New & need advice: post-TKR Cycling Info from Surgeon

    Did you ever make a date for surgery? Everyone is different, but i was able to go on rides of up to about 12 miles (moderate hills) at 7-8 weeks, increasing slowly thereafter. Now at 15 weeks, I'm up to 22 miles with a fairly steep climb. Even though i haven't done a long flat ride...
  3. L

    TKR Golfer with ?

    Glad to give you an uplift. Also, just to let you know, even though golf was great i still had a bit of trouble with drives at first. No pain, but hesitancy to really put weight on left knee. Score showed that, but it was great to get out there. Last fall i was in constant pain after about 3...
  4. L

    TKR Golfer with ?

    LTKR on december 23rd. I was given the go ahead to putt and chip at my 6 week checkup which I tried at week 7 and 8. Things went really well till I tried hitting a few longer irons, SORE. I believe it was because of the lateral motion, so i worked on strengthing the knee laterally. At 13...
Back
Top Bottom