Recent content by lrj

  1. lrj

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    I didn't do dry needling, specifically, but I did go for acupuncture every 7-10 days for the year leading up to surgery and 3-4 months past the second one. I found it to be beneficial. After surgery when I would go, the next day, I would see ROM improvements. Also helped with pain and swelling...
  2. lrj

    PKR 7 years, 9 doctors, and 6 hour drive

    I watch the YouTube channel "Institute of Human Anatomy." They educate through the use of a cadaver lab. This week they posted the best video I've seen on knee arthritis. They do point things out on a cadaver knee, so use your judgement on if it's something you want to watch...
  3. lrj

    PKR Partial knee Richmond Va

    Make small goals along the way, and celebrate every achievement. I've got the goal to summit Australia. Have to build up to that, both physically and financially. I'll be over a year out from the second surgery.
  4. lrj

    TKR knee cap- how much of a difference does this make?

    What the :censored:! They need to get their act together!
  5. lrj

    TKR knee cap- how much of a difference does this make?

    I broke both the tibia and fibula. Both bones were complete clean breaks. They put a plate with 6 screws on the fibula, which I had removed 15 years later. The tibia, they were going to run an intramedullary rod, but it was too big. So the used a smaller rod/wire and inserted it through the...
  6. lrj

    TKR knee cap- how much of a difference does this make?

    That's what I had done when I was 14. They were able to put the plate on the fibula. But the tibia, the rod wouldn't fit from the knee down, so they used a wire to go from the ankle up. My biggest scar from that surgery was unnecessary. I do think this approach did result in my current leg...
  7. lrj

    TKR Clock is ticking!

    I bought mine to sit at my desk at work. My aunt uses one while knitting. Look on Amazon for under desk elliptical.
  8. lrj

    TKR How soon before surgery did you all stop working?

    My surgeries were in Fridays. Had to travel, so had to travel on Thursday. First surgery, I worked on the Wednesday before. Second surgery, I was let go from my job 2 weeks before. Not at all suspicious. There were a few positives to go through this situation. I was able to take my time and let...
  9. lrj

    TKR Clock is ticking!

    I was 35 and was being told to wait till I'm 60. I couldn't take care of things around the house. I couldn't sleep. I was in so much pain. Had to travel 6 hours to find a doctor who would do the surgery. First one at 36, second 3 months later at 37. My mom said her aunt went through similar, but...
  10. lrj

    TKR Clock is ticking!

    I had one of these before surgery. Used it after surgery too. Started at the lowest speed and for a short amount of time. Didn't start for about a week. Helped loosen things up before I stood up to walk.
  11. lrj

    TKR A few more pre-op questions…

    I didn't have problems with not elevating. I did that more during the day. I tend to not experience pain as badly as most people. I did have problems sleeping for 1 month after each surgery. I was on eliquis for 1 month after each surgery. As soon as I finished, I could sleep great again. So...
  12. lrj

    Constipation

    I only had constipation after my second surgery. I was talking miralax and something else. But then it went to far the other way and I had to take Pepto to balance back out.
  13. lrj

    TKR A few more pre-op questions…

    I started side sleeping my first night home. The key is a flat but firm pillow to put between your knees. I would flip sides frequently. On my bed, I could do either side. But on the couch, operative side had to be on top.
  14. lrj

    TKR Zumba after knee replacement??

    @Destroza @Dancelover I got PKRs at 36/37. No doctor around me would consider surgery. Told me to wait till I'm 60. At 35, I couldn't take care of the house and I had to change job. My problems started at 30. I went to 7 different local (Louisville) doctors. Finally did some googling and started...
  15. lrj

    PKR 7 years, 9 doctors, and 6 hour drive

    After a year and a half of daily NSAID use, I'm able to stop. But now I'm getting headaches. I'm trying to counter act by using Tylenol since it's in a different class. But Tylenol has never done much for me. Hope it doesn't take too long until I stop getting these headaches.
Back
Top Bottom