Recent content by lovemydog

  1. lovemydog

    TKR Burning pain in knee, no sleep for 6 weeks

    Josephine, Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you be kind enough please to tell me how I can access my recovery thread so I do not keep creating new ones each time a question arises? Thank you, TG
  2. lovemydog

    TKR Burning pain in knee, no sleep for 6 weeks

    Dear Friends, I am becoming very concerned because 4 mths post op, no restrictions by my surgeon, exercising diligently walking, cycling up and down hills, personal trainer 1 hr 2x/week atrophy in R leg is same to worse, along with limping when walking. I am a Physical Therapist, and I know...
  3. lovemydog

    TKR Burning pain in knee, no sleep for 6 weeks

    Dear Friends, Hoping someone can give me some help. Had R TKR March 5,2015 at Hospital for Special Surgery. They gave me general anaesthesia, instead of spinal and twilight as I have history of viral meningitis. I remember waking up from anaesthesia complaining that my knee felt like it was...
  4. lovemydog

    pre operative nerve ablation

    Dear Celle, Thanks, point well taken. I need to find out if I will be totally painfree with the procedure, which I doubt.
  5. lovemydog

    pre operative nerve ablation

    This procedure is of interest to me for two reasons. First, I might have some pain management issues because due to a slightly abnormal liver function test I need to avoid anything like acetaminophine that would stress my liver , and in the past it has been difficult to manage pain from...
  6. lovemydog

    pre operative nerve ablation

    Thanks Jamie for the quick reply. Seems it is not difficult to find someone who does this procedure. There is someone in my area. I read everything I could find about it, and the more I read, the better it looked. Seems that although it may not help at all, or to varying degrees, you can't go...
  7. lovemydog

    pre operative nerve ablation

    Hi All, Happy New Year. I just saw something on TV about using radiofrequencies to ablate knee pain prior to TKR. My research revealed that it is a minimally invasive and very safe procedure. I was considering it for 2 reasons: 1) Decreasing pain pre op might minimize arthrogenic inhibition...
  8. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    Sorry for not responding sooner. I do not have it scheduled yet. I have appts with 2 MD's Jan 12 and 22, and am praying to have surgery ASAP so i can get through this and have it behind me ASAP.
  9. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    Dear dovemck, Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I think I would be hard pressed to find someone else with a similar situation of arthrogenic muscle inhibition so I am glad that I found you. Just so happens I am about your age. I am 54. I can definitely relate to your remark...
  10. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    Dear Celle, Thanks so much for the quick reply. Am having a hard time getting info about arthritic muscle inhibition. Guess it is rather rare. I am a Physical Therapist, so that might explain the specificity of my questions and concerns. Have you heard of/seen arthritic muscle inhibition? I...
  11. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    I have arthritic muscle inhibition, and my knee joint is malaligned. I have atrophy in all of the muscles of my R leg, as well as difficulty with all of my activities of daily living due to pain and poor muscle firing pattern. I was curious if anyone knows if after TKR surgery, does the...
  12. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    Hi all, Hope that everyone is comfortable tonight. I was just wondering if the problems listed below would require a special type of surgeon or technology for TKR, a particular type of prosthesis, or special rehab program: 1) lack of ACL 2) marked atrophy quads, tibialis anterior, hams...
  13. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    Dear Mike, I hope that the manipulation is a success and that you bounce back quickly. Please keep us posted on your progress. I had an appointment with Dr Haas but their office cancelled it 3 days prior. I live in Connecticut and the guy that I am dating and I had taken a whole day off from...
  14. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    Dear Suzanne, Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what he thought about his experience there.
  15. lovemydog

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    My thoughts are with everyone who is in recovery. Was just wondering has anyone had their surgery at hospital for special surgery in ny, who was the surgeon, and how did you feel about the hospital and the surgeon.
Back
Top Bottom