Recent content by lovegardening

  1. lovegardening

    THR And now on the healing side...

    Sounds like you had a really good experience apart from the drug reaction. And lots of support too. You're all set for the journey onwards and upwards now - welcome to the sunny side! X
  2. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Thank you @Jaycey I will hold off but it's very hard to believe it is just apparent difference. When I am doing hip abduction with operated leg i.e. standing on non-operated leg, I have to bend the operated leg at the knee a bit for it to 'fit' back in as it comes down. Either that or lift the...
  3. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Thanks for the link - very useful information. I will hold off with shoe lifts and give it time!
  4. lovegardening

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Thanks for that information Chessie. So does anterior and minimally invasive refer to the same procedure then? I had understood that recovery is quicker with these relative to posterior so was surprised that Tesjohn and her sister had similar experiences. I had my posterior op on Friday and my...
  5. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    I have been doing standing exercises for a few days now and trying to ignore the fact that my leg on the operated is longer than the other. I was hoping the difference might resolve itself but it doesn't seem so. Has anyone else noticed a difference? Is there anything I can do other than getting...
  6. lovegardening

    THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side 2.0

    Hello Nanamama So happy to see you over here on the sunny side! Sounds like you did incredibly well - I can't imagine being home the same day, How lovely for you to wake up in your own bed tomorrow! Take it easy and just enjoy finally having the worst bit behind you! Xxx
  7. lovegardening

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    On the staples versus glue issue: I have just had my second hip replacement with the same surgeon who did the first 9 years ago. Then he used staples but this time glue. I was very happy about this in terms of the experience - I have already had a shower which last time wasn't allowed until the...
  8. lovegardening

    THR Deja Vu .... I'm baaaack!

    Good luck! It will all be over soon and you will be out on to the sunny side! See you there! X
  9. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Thank you Layla. It's a long journey - 5 hours - but I am so looking forward to being home! The care here has been fantastic but it is time now to move onwards and upwards!
  10. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Thank you Starmarie.I will be making my own packs using rubbing alcohol when I get home - which should be today! X
  11. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Awwh thank you Nanamama - not long before you will be over here too and it's so much better! The surgery went really well then just a few wee problems with very low BP but that has sorted itself now and, so long as nothing else crops up, I will be going home tomorrow! It all seems so much easier...
  12. lovegardening

    THR Thank you all!

    That sounds so lovely - looking forward to doing just that when I get home!
  13. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Thank you all good except very low BP which has slowed progression but it's getting better so hoping to make it home on Monday.
  14. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Thank you for the info. I'm in the UK where the hospital's seem never to have heard of ice as a treatment! I have my ice packs ready for when I get home. Pain relief wise things are much better than 9years ago when I had my first hip done. Then it was meagre and if it wasn't enough then tough...
  15. lovegardening

    THR Made it to the other side!

    Hello so, so glad to be here.surgery at 10am yesterday went really well and I spent the day on a high of it being over with and the pain relief from the spinal anaesthesia. The pain has set in and the high has vanished! I was concerned that all the referred pain down my leg is just as bad as it...
Back
Top Bottom