Wishing you all a safe time in these crazy times! Fantastic news @Hip4life re going back to work on call.
Everyone take good care of ourselves and here's hoping for a pain free spring wherever you are.
Hello fellow hipsters! Well hard to believe but one year ago today on March 01 I had my anterior hip replacement. OMG! Believe me I feel so blessed and lucky this surgery is possible. My life has improved so much with the pain gone in my right hip. Hang in there all of you at the beginning of...
Hi @Debru4 Well we finally got some sun after 80 days of rain some snow but mostly rain. Dark long winter this year. Hope you are getting some too. I finally started my walking with 2 trekking poles again. Not too far at first. My knee is mostly good the last 3 weeks but I can't walk far without...
@Debru4 Thank you so much for your kind words.
Well I hope you win the lottery and I too would agree daily massages would be so amazing and helpful in feeling good and for the pain. I haven't had one in over a year and miss my PT doing manual work.
The weather changes in Colorado are pretty...
thank you everyone for your kind words. I am not an example believe me of someone who had surgery and was out walking and hiking in 3-4 months. It has taken time and looking at me its really only this week I am walking with little pain BUT that is my opposite knee not my hip. So my surgery was &...
Its my 11 month anniversary of my hip replacement today! I was hesitant to write as I feel badly I am not on here more often. I remember being on many times a day and now its about once a week. I don't often say anything but do in spurts. Please know that I am rooting for all of you. My recovery...
@Fit4Family First question is of course where and what sea will you be swimming in? sounds like a holiday is in the works. I feel the same about the pool. Once I am in the water I remember why I love it so much and why its worth it. It used to be so easy for me. I remember having to be at work...
@Elf1 Oh I missed that you had a cortisone shot. So glad it is helping. I may have to do one on my knee one day. My wish for you is that soon you get back into a routine of swimming whatever that looks like. That is the wish for me too.
@Elf1 Thanks! How are you doing? How often are you swimming these days?
I am thinking of getting up earlier in the dark months and then make the pool at 8 or on the other hand its really almost empty after 1pm so that would be a good time. See how I try to trick myself and end up not going. ha...
Happy New Year everyone! @Debru4 @SurreyGirl thanks for your comments. I am attempting to get to swim 2-3 times a week but its an effort. Not a long drive at all (6-10 minutes) but just the cold winters make it more difficult to get there in my mind only. I know besides how good it is in general...
@Debru4 glad to hear with your reduced activity and less kneeling that your knee is feeling somewhat better. I hear a lot of meniscus tears heal on their own and those that have surgery also say its not so bad and helps. So lets hope you don't need surgery just time.
I live outside Seattle about...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.