Recent content by LMBC

  1. LMBC

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    Just an update: I am 10 days post-op and doing great (other than the leg length issue). I have almost no pain and wouldn't even be limping if my legs were the same length. Today I went on a walk outside for about half a mile and my leg did great. Energy is still pretty low and I was super...
  2. LMBC

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    You guys are truly awesome. The support in this group is amazing and so helpful. Feeling much better today and can start to see light at end of tunnel! Just hope the feeling of leg length discrepancy decreases. My surgeon warned me ahead of time that my spine had started to shift and there was...
  3. LMBC

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    Omg. Part of my butt is missing! It’s like that back corner is gone. It’s completely dented in. Please tell me the muscles are just stunned. Anyone have this?
  4. LMBC

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    Successful surgery on Tuesday. I go home today. I feel pretty crummy the minut the pain meds wear off and I haven’t slept since during the actual surgery. I think I may have had some unrealistic expectations for recovery. Feeling depressed.
  5. LMBC

    THR 6 months out, have a question

    @hopnfox glad to hear surgery went well! I had mine Tuesday and will go home tomorrow - same with the nauseated and light headed feeling. I’m sure it feels great to be back home!
  6. LMBC

    THR Do I really need a THR?

    I just turned 50 and I’m a huge runner. I pushed through for a long time because I didn’t want to get a hip replacement and kept thinking it was a flare up I could manage. Then it suddenly deteriorated practically overnight and my pain was so severe the past three months I could hardly walk. I...
  7. LMBC

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    Surgery went well - was out of recovery at around 3pm. My right leg is still numb from just below my kneecap to just below my hip (of course my hip area isn’t numb!). Pt came twice to get me up to walk but had to leave both times because of the numbness. They’ve been bringing a port a potty...
  8. LMBC

    THR LMBC's Pre-Op thread

    @BroncoinVA Omg. Thank you so much for sharing. I’m sorry to hear you had a blood pressure scare but so glad you are feeling a little better now. Your story sounds identical to mine. A few months ago I could still push through the pain while running and xrays showed there was still a teeny bit...
  9. LMBC

    THR My first THR is happening Tues, Oct 20!

    @rowergal my surgery is Tuesday as well and I’m nervous too. I have to keep reminding myself that I’m currently in so much pain I can barely walk anyway so how much worse can the surgery be? (Gulp!) Good luck!
  10. LMBC

    THR OR date set today and I'm NERVOUS

    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!
  11. LMBC

    THR LMBC's Pre-Op thread

    Man, I am in pain today! Went for pre-surgery covid test this morning and now I'm on lockdown until my surgery on Tuesday. I'm so scared for this operation because all I think about is the fact that they will be sawing my femur in half! I've been thinking I would be pretty mobile in terms of...
  12. LMBC

    THR LMBC's Pre-Op thread

    Thanks! Total hip replacement - turns out running marathons on undiagnosed hip dysplasia isn’t a great idea and leads to torn labrum a and early onset arthritis. I’ve been dealing with some flare ups over the past few years. I had an X-ray at the end of June and still had some cartilage. Now...
  13. LMBC

    2020 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    Hi! I guess that was confusing! My surgery date is 10/20/2020.
  14. LMBC

    THR LMBC's Pre-Op thread

    Hi there! I'm having THR on my right hip on 10/20 and super bummed about it. Feel way too young! Also, I'm a huge runner and very depressed I can't run anymore. On the upside, my youngest just turned 16 so at least she can help with driving and my husband is still working from home. I'm very...
Back
Top Bottom