Recent content by Ljtkr51

  1. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Sistersinhim, I have been trying to walk like that lately. And I think I still have internal swelling so that’s definitely not helping. I’m trying to get that down. Didn’t think I’d still be doing that this many weeks out, but I know this is a long process. Just want to feel more “normal “...
  2. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Any tips on extension? I can’t get my knee all the way straight yet. I’m done with pt. I sit with my heel on a chair to let gravity pull it down but is there anything else? I can walk with a pretty good gait but I do notice this when I am standing still or sitting on the floor or bed. I am...
  3. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Muldoh, StandTall, I totally agree about this site. It’s definitely an up and down battle for our recovery. I am, thankfully, having more good days now. I’m still just riding my recumbent bike a little each day and doing my ADLs. I am seeing improvements on a weekly basis. It’s much easier...
  4. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Oregon mom, thank you for all your kind words and insight! It’s hard not to complain to my hubby but I know he doesn’t really get it all the time. It’s so nice to hear from others who totally get it. I will take all your words in and try to remember them when I’m struggling again. I’m sure...
  5. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Ihavetwins, thank you for making me feel ok about where I’m at. It is so easy to want to rush this but I know it’s not going to be like that. I start to second guess myself. I just ended pt last week. My doctor’s PA was ok with it, as long as I do my exercises at home. I also felt it too...
  6. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Ok thank you. I have read a lot of posts that say it takes time but it’s easy to over think this recovery. I feel good and pretty flexible in the morning, but after I’m up awhile it gets stiff and tight. I know time will help, I just get impatient.
  7. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Maybe a strange question but after I ice and elevate and let my knee come back to room temp, I am so stiff and tight. What am I doing wrong? I can’t always be swollen can I? It doesn’t look like it on the outside just on the inside of my knee.
  8. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Ok thanks for your info. It’s just frustrating.
  9. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Wondering how others do with stiffness during the day. I wake up feeling pretty good and somewhat flexible so after walking downstairs I ride my bike about 15 minutes then do other stretches and a few exercises. I ice and elevate after because I still have swelling. Once my knee is warmed...
  10. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    Thank you Jaycey, I have read through the recovery guidelines and it does make me feel better about where I’m at. I just can’t seem to settle my nerves down.
  11. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    My rtkr was 9/8/20. My rom is between 111 and 113. My os and pt think I need to be further along. My anxiety has me constantly nervous and I’m having a hard time sleeping or focusing on anything. I’d like to know how others deal with the anxiety and what makes it settle down. Thank you for...
  12. L

    TKR 8 weeks and anxious

    My tkr was 9/8/20. I’d like to be added to the correct post op page. This is my first post. Not sure if I’m doing this correctly.
Back
Top Bottom