Recent content by lizziescam

  1. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    Well I chatted to the Dr who said to just take paracetamol and drop all other meds, they never seemed to help anyway. So I did that. Then it was our long awaited and 'booked before the operation date' silver wedding anniversary holiday treat. 6 nights away from home in a lovely hotel on Guernsey...
  2. lizziescam

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    @Celle gosh, thanks for the heads up, I would never have thought that might happen. I'll be careful
  3. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    @Josephine thanks! Trust me to start getting these pains during a bank holiday. Probably need to chat to GP tomorrow.
  4. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    @Josephine I assumed reflux was excess stomach acid coming back the wrong way. I wasn't very clear in my original post but the pain I was getting was very crampy and deep similar to a twisted colon Would increasing the amount of omeprazole help that?
  5. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    I will get organized and order one. Thanks xxx
  6. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    I don't have reflux!! but I do tend to stick with soft fruit, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries....
  7. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    Morning meds 8am after breakfast: omeprazole 20mg x1 naproxen 250mg x2 paracetamol 500mg x 2 codeine 30mg x 2 Lunchtime meds 1pm after lunch: paracetamol 500mg x 2 codeine 30mg x 2 Evening 7.30pm after dinner: cocodamol 500mg/8mg x 2 naproxen 250mg x 2 Bedtime 11pm: paracetamol 500mg x 2 I...
  8. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    @Larryhg3 your Doctor is a star - did you check up his trouser leg to see if he/she has had a knee replacement:heehee: @NavyGunns funny how until you have knee surgery pain is just pain!! I had three babies with no pain relief so had assumed my 'pain threshold' was high......:groan:ah well...
  9. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    A new dilemma has now got me in a pickle......if I take the pain meds my tummy is kicking off, reduce the pain meds and my tummy pains go but knee kicks off. I take omeprazole one each morning which I beleive is supposed to protect the stomach. I have lots of fresh fruit to counter balance any...
  10. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    @Marguette I think I prefer honesty even if it's a tad scary, :scaredycat:maybe my surgeon just has a dry sense of humour that I failed to appreciate!! Hope these next 2 weeks are your turning point but hey why not give your knee a special "bonus" 2 weeks? I'm absolutely fascinated by the...
  11. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    So here's my recovery timeline: How I see it :horseriding::upright::swim::hiking: How my knee says it will be:elevate::sleeep::alarm::sleep::yawn::walking:
  12. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    @katchmo me too!!! In fact I think on reflection I was probably a bit smug....:unsure: (pre-op) because I thought I had experienced lots of pain....stitches without anaesthetic (aged 7!!) severed arteries and stitched up tendons, major bowel surgery, three babies blah de blah, oh yeh I knew Mr...
  13. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    @katchmo that's really interesting, I guess in the whole scheme of things these first few months are only a part of it, so she can now see the bigger picture. I was lucky in the sense that several people who I trust said it would really hurt so I was prepared for the pain, but the didnt say...
  14. lizziescam

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    It does seem as though the PT regime in the US is much stricter than over here in the UK, would you say that's true or does it vary from state to state? I was seen by physio in hospital then one appointment 2 weeks post op. and that's it.
  15. lizziescam

    TKR Recovery as an April not very patient patient!

    Yup the knee is certainly the boss, in fact on reflection I'm not sure how helpful the OS actually was, surely there must be some activities not advisable 6 weeks post op???? I try to alternate days when I do things with days when I do very little....seems to work reasonably well as long as I...
Back
Top Bottom