Recent content by Lizziebeth

  1. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    It is now 16 months since Left TKR and 7 months Right TKR. The right knee is doing fine and causes only a little discomfort, however, the left knee is sometimes quite painful. I do fell walking most Saturdays and lots of gardening - bending from the waist for weeding but no trouble digging. Gym...
  2. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @Jodingers Hi Jodingers, I tend to overdo it sometimes too. I go out to do half an hour weeding and before I know it a couple of hours has passed! The trouble is you don't realise until the evening or next day when the knee gets back at you! Perhaps the surgeons should attach a microchip alarm...
  3. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @Jodingers Hi Jodingers. You seem to be progressing well, well done! It's difficult to remember, but I feel this knee is not responding as well as the first one. I've been happy to get around without aids since week 3, although if I'm walking on rough ground as in our stoney, lumpy garden, I...
  4. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @Irish471 That's really interesting - I can tell if its going to be bad as soon as I get into bed. My legs seem to object to the pressure of lying on the bed and immediately start playing up. My daughter bought me an electric reclining chair before my first TKR. It was wonderful for that...
  5. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @TimeBuster You have my sympathy. RLS is difficult to explain to someone who doesn't have it. Mine is a kind of itch or irritation, and when I sit the sensation drives me mad. I have prescription Pramipexole, which was used to treat Parkinson's and that did work fine at night until a couple of...
  6. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @Jockette Thanks for the links. The article on RLS was very interesting. I take Pramipexole at night but will speak to the GP after the Bank Holiday to see if taking one of the supplements will help me through the day.
  7. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    Hi, Does anyone suffer with Restless Legs Syndrome, and if so how is it it affecting your recovery? Prior to surgery mine only affected me at night. I was given new medication at Christmas time which worked wonders and I slept through most nights, but now I find my legs drive me mad when I'm...
  8. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @Celle Thanks, that's what I thought.
  9. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @pumpkin Sorry, I didn't realise I'd started new thread - I thought I'd tagged on to the old one.
  10. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @Jockette, Thanks for you message - I'm glad to be home.
  11. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    @pumpkin Thanks for explaining that. I don't do twitter or any social media so I'm at a bit of a loss sometimes. but your explanation has made contacting one person so much easier for me. I must admit the consultant confused me. I can't spend my life avoiding stairs, but I'll mention it to the...
  12. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    Thanks to everyone who replied to my cling film question. I'm sorry I didn't reply because I haven't been on the site for ages. 95 yr old mum had a fall and broke her hip. She was in hospital about 80 miles from us and we decided the easiest way to deal with it was to move into her place so that...
  13. L

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    I read something about wrapping the knee in cling film. Can anyone enlighten me? I had the staples out today and wondered if cling film would give some wound protection in bed. I have also heard that ice is good and heat bad. Henrietta - I still have numbness 10 months on from first tkr.
  14. L

    TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

    Hello Jodingers, I hope you've had a good day today. I began taking Tramadol about two years ago when left knee arthritis and sciatica were at their height. 50mg four times a day plus two paracetamol. Like you, I was afraid of addiction. I had my first tkr in June last year and by August I...
  15. L

    TKR Lizziebeth's recovery thread

    Let's hope so.:fingersx:
Back
Top Bottom