Recent content by Lisako76

  1. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    I'm also really anxious to be able to go back to quilting. I machine quilt and miss it. Any sewers out there that can give me an idea of how long before I can use my sewing machine again?
  2. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    Thank you to everyone replying here. You are all so amazing and helpful and you are helping people for sure! I've been helped here many times. I worry that I'm behind on re-hab and that's why I love the week by week progress goals. I am usually on schedule or ahead but I don't know so I get...
  3. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    Benne68 thank you that's helpful. I always had trouble posting on these boards figuring out how to do it correctly. If I'm doing things wrong please let me know. I need a simplified cheat sheet lol
  4. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    @Jamie forgot.... the pain up the inside of my arm is annoying and I'm sure that's from the tissue/ tendon/ muscle work. What I most need is to be able to cook. There are things you have to have 2 hands for that aren't heavy and that inner arm pain keeps it from being useful. Even if I was ok...
  5. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    @Jamie Thank you. I have a pulley that I was given when I tore my rotator cuff a different time. My surgeon said he doesn't normally prescribe formal PT unless the patient requests it. The reverse shoulder procedure I guess it's really different than the regular one. He will give me exercises...
  6. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    @djklaugh Thank you for explaining all that. I can be more patient if I know this very slow recovery is necessary. As i've aged and had more surgeries I'm hyper aware that you lose muscle mass very quickly. I get my strength back and then more surgery and it's gone again. Frustrating. My tear...
  7. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    @mendogal @benne68 Thank you!! What's throwing me on replying is that there isn't an option right under the person's post. I didn't see the reply option at the bottom. I'm old, lol. Am I correct that no matter how many posts i have, if I want to reply I need to remember how to work the name and...
  8. L

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Hospitals are no place for sick people because you rarely are able to get much sleep!
  9. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    I so agree patience is hard. I'm trying. To a certain extent my stubbornness has been a gift through all my replacement surgeries. I'm determined to gain as much funding as possible. I kind of chuckled when you were saying about difficult activities because they are the ones that are driving me...
  10. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    Thank you. Those week by week goals were amazing. They are so helpful! I have referred others to this site in past because those are so great. I'm so glad you guys are here! I appreciate the info! How do I reply without quoting it all?
  11. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    Thanks. I know I need to be patient but it's really hard. I have inflammatory arthritis and have had it since I was a young child. For the past. 7 years it's been one surgery after another so at 60, I feel like my life is passing me by. I just about stayrt feeling better and I need another...
  12. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Had surgery almost two weeks ago-have questions

    My PT told me to put a dish towel between the pad and your skin, put it on and let it rip! No 40 mins on/off. Those ice machines are frigging awesome. Make sure the trash isn't occurring from the barrier, especially a sweater. I would use natural cotton or dish towel, something that won't sweat...
  13. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement recovery

    Hi everyone. I had reverse shoulder replacement 2/17/25. So I'm 2 weeks out and I have a few questions. If this post isn't in the right place, please move it. I don't know the rules on where to post this. I first found you guys when I had my left hip and both knees. I fell and tore the front of...
  14. L

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement One RSR down, one to go

    Without humor, not much left to enjoy! Laughter makes everything better!
Back
Top Bottom