I just got custom orthotic and trying to get used to them. ouch. I've gotten terrible at wearing flip flops--probably haven't worn shoes in a year and I'm paying for it dearly. Taking pain meds about 3 times a day or 4 times has helped alot the past few days. I'm more pleasant to be around...
When husband talked to nurse she said there will be no problem with meds. Husband said she needs to discuss this inflammation deal with doctor and I might need anti-inflammatories (they've never worked in the past but hey it's worth a try and I know there are alot of different kinds). Also...
Sorry for not answering but it's been a bad week and alot of tears and trying to figure out what to do. I will read that article as soon as I hit post Jamie and just reading I'm "normal"is a BIG relief.
Thursday I had pt and talked to him very seriously about all what I am feeling. He said I...
I had left TKR two years ago and had a hard time and ended up being manipulated which was a blessing and on 7/23/13 I had TKR on the right. I have lymphedema which is being controlled and I am doing ok in that sense. My range of motion is awesome this time--I think last week I got a 124. I...
Thank you both for replying and you have helped me in more ways than you'll ever know. There truly aren't many that have walked our walk let's say. I am so much more encouraged right now. Please call me Linda. I wish I could hug you both.
how often did you get massaged when you first started since the therapist is the one who did it. How scarey that you were black. I'm sooooooooo glad things worked and you didn't lose your leg.
Wow how encouraging and I surely need encouraging right now and from somebody that truly understands!!! Well, hubby is going with and being taught so he will be the one doing it unless he's unable. Thank you so much for replying as I'm kinda down--4 weeks now after replacement and this...
thats what we are learning today--the massage technique and praying it works. Are you guys able to do it to yourselves or does your partner/husband etc. do it?
The last couple days my pain level has decreased. Today I actually went 7hrs between pills usually go 4. I'm taking oxycodon-acetaminophen 7.5-3.25 every 4hrs and sometimes 1.25 pills and sometimes 1.5.
When I ice for 20 mins as I've been told not to do any longer than that.
I have a wedge...
Well, here we go again. I am now on day #9 and the deep swelling has started. It is day #3 of deep swelling. Home pt was here yesterday and was pretty concerned about the swelling. Called my doctor and I was told to go to the hospital for a Doppler which I did. I am ok--no blood clot. The...
Well, day 8 out now and I think it's a bit easier than last time. Dealing with swelling but no more than last time which is good. Not using the lymphedema pump. He says we will discuss it 2 weeks out. I can't imagine trying to use it at this point. At the 4 hr. mark I am taking 2 oxycodin...
Hi all--3 more days. So much to do this weekend as I do work Monday. Last time I did not shower until the staples came out which can't remember how long that was--want to say a couple weeks but not sure. This time I want to shower as soon as I get home. Did any of you use covers and if so...
Getting nervous all. Tuesday is the day. I had the left knee done two years ago and now the right one. Have seen the infectious disease doctor and he rated my lymphedema as a B+ so I thought that was really good. A+ would be better --lol. The only thing I need to do to prepare is wash with...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.