Recent content by LindaO

  1. LindaO

    Bilateral TKR Superior and Inferior Patellar Enthesophytes

    Interesting...Have there been tests to determine if there is movement in the prosthesis or anything? Could you decline consent for a student to assist? Keep us posted on any updates! Best of luck!
  2. LindaO

    Revision TKR Revision

    I get the electrical shocks...we call them 'zingers', which for me are the nerves beginning to heal. I usually rub or massage the area and that helps me a lot. My knee will buckle occasionally and my surgeon said my quads hadn't woken up all the way but to continue to strengthen my muscles and...
  3. LindaO

    TKR Uncontrollable pain

    How are you doing with your elevation and icing routine? That is super important to help keep the swelling down a bit. Can you give us a bit of your routine to help us understand? Hang in there!
  4. LindaO

    THR Tessa’s second go!

    Wow...what a start! Be careful with that blood pressure! What a blessing to have your pain under control! Congratulation on your new hip!
  5. LindaO

    TKR Sky Blue's recovery - both TKRs

    So glad your surgeon wrote the two prescriptions! I remember having to drive 150 miles round trip to get a prescription or have them mail it to me. I started requesting it about a week before needing it to ensure I received it in the mail before I ran out. Glad you are learning how to be...
  6. LindaO

    TKR The Sloth's TKR Recovery Thread

    As Jaycey said, please ensure you are elevating and icing on a regular basis. Elevating is so important for swelling. Walking heel to toe...slowly if needed, will also help with your range of motion. Hang in there!
  7. LindaO

    Bilateral TKR bilateral knee replacement

    We will be thinking of you tomorrow! Let us know how your journey goes and I am sure you have read the information given. That is such good information to have on hand! May you have smooth sailing and positive vibes sent to you!
  8. LindaO

    TKR Judywade109 recovery thread

    Wishing you a smooth day tomorrow! Stay positive and know we will all be here for you!
  9. LindaO

    TKR Uncontrollable pain

    The first week seems to be the worst! I'm sure you have read about trying to take your meds around the clock...that helped me tremendously the first few weeks. Rest, ice, elevate, meds... I hope you feel better soon. Try to keep us updated when you feel up to it!
  10. LindaO

    Revision TKR Spacer Replacement

    I am sorry you are having issues so soon, but at least your surgeon is giving you a good reason for the continued issues you are having. I had a revision in October and he replaced the femur portion of the TKR and of course, replaced the spacer. I was super surprised to find I didn't have near...
  11. LindaO

    TKR Sky Blue's recovery - both TKRs

    Let us know how it goes!
  12. LindaO

    TKR Sky Blue's recovery - both TKRs

    I used the CPM for my first two TKRs and found them quite helpful in getting my ROM back. I started gently and slowly increased the flexion as my swelling went down. I didn't use it past 6 weeks though. Unfortunately, my insurance at the time didn't cover the CPM and I had to pay a large sum out...
  13. LindaO

    TKR Total Left Knee Replacement CaredFL

    I used the CPM for my first two TKRs and found them quite helpful in getting my ROM back. I started gently and slowly increased the flexion as my swelling went down. Unfortunately, my insurance at the time didn't cover the CPM and I had to pay a large sum out of pocket for it. For my revision...
  14. LindaO

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    I enjoyed your detailed report and I feel it will be beneficial to so many people who may be experiencing the same thing. I see you have learned the hard way of staying ahead of the pain but you have indeed learned and figured out how to improve your system! Great info! I ended up putting my...
  15. LindaO

    TKR L Knee TKR on October 7, 2019

    I agree that painful PT is not necessary and likely hindering your recovery as it causes additional swelling and pain. Gentle PT keeps the joint and muscles moving without the severe pain. I hope you can convince your therapist that you won't tolerate being brought to tears. Please keep us...
Back
Top Bottom