Recent content by limpy7

  1. limpy7

    THR A Second Incision

    I found out what the second incision was for. I had a posterior incision but there was one incision that was about 1/2 inch on my hip bone. My surgery was robot assisted. If I recall, they told me that they make the incision and put some pins in your hip bone. The robot uses them as markers...
  2. limpy7

    THR A Second Incision

    I had my hip replaced Tuesday and came home Wednesday. Today is Thursday and I decided to check out the bandages. I had a posterior total hip replacement. I’m noticing the big bandage from the posterior incision, but I also have a smaller incision on the side. Does anyone have any idea what it’s...
  3. limpy7

    THR Only Tylenol

    I have had this surgeon twice and he did use the oxy drugs and then moved down to hydrocodone. This was six years and things have changed. It just seems that no matter how much you hurt, doctors don't want to prescribe narcotics. I get it, but I don't think they are trained well enough to know...
  4. limpy7

    THR Only Tylenol

    I had posted this , but I got the medication wrong. I can't find the original post. Anyway a friend broke her hip and so it was replaced. When she left the hospital she was told to take Ibuprofen. The did not give her a prescription for pain relief. I have had a hip replaced and I remember...
  5. limpy7

    THR Replaced Hip Hurts

    I had my right knee replaced in 2012 and it was revised in 2014. My right hip was replaced in 2013. I would never know it isn't even my own hip. Now my left hip and left knee need to be replaced. The left hip is scheduled for this summer if elective surgeries are being done by then. Here is...
  6. limpy7

    Knee Revision

    There isn’t much to tell. I had my knee replaced 7 1/2 years ago. It wasn’t ever quite right. I had a revision 5 1/2 years ago and had phenomenal improvement. It’s starting to bother me now. If I recall, only one part was replaced as the rest looked okay.
  7. limpy7

    Knee Revision

    How many times can someone have a revision on the same knee?
  8. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    I saw the doctor and I am going to try some Prednisone. Next week I will go to an allergist and get tested. This will be interesting. My doctor also authorized 2 more weeks of the visiting nurse and PT. That will be a total of 1 month. I'm pooped.
  9. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    I'm thinking about my appt. tomorrow with the family physician. Even if he will prescribe prednisone, I still won't know what I'm reacting to. I would need to see an allergist to sort this out, wouldn't I? I'm probably a bit more concerned than most people would be because I've had anaphylaxis...
  10. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    @1ELISEA I am taking Benedryl and also a double dose of Zyrtec as recommended by a dermatologist. I also have a prescription cortisone cream. I can't begin to imagine what this would be like if I didn't have any of these.
  11. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    @H2OPoloMom I'm holding up and doing absolutely nothing. I haven't asked for a different medication until I figure out what it is that I'm reacting to. If I add anything else I might make this harder to figure out. I haven't had pain medication since Thursday morning. I'm still really itchy. I...
  12. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    I know a dermatologist and I sent her pictures. She said it is more than likely from narcotics or antibiotics. She said a response can still show up 14 days after stopping the meds. I suppose it could be either one, however I took oxycodone yesterday morning and she warned that if it was the...
  13. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    i can use ice, and elevate, etc., but that doesn't begin to tackle the real pain.
  14. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    My two week checkup was fine, but I have hives all over my legs and it is miserable. It looks like it is most likely a reaction to Oxycodone. So, I'm not taking any pain medication. It's the only way to figure out if it's the culprit. I have no idea what can be used in place of it.
  15. limpy7

    Revision TKR June 17

    @H2OPoloMom, I think you are right about gaining weight. The weight I had gained is gone. Now I have hives on my legs. Otherwise, things are moving right along, and I have the best PT. She is a wealth of knowledge and gentle. Tomorrow I have my 2 week check up.
Back
Top Bottom