Recent content by lilbit

  1. L

    MUA MUA set back

    The only place we need to push ourselves is to build muscle in the gym when training for athletic sports! Our knee replacements are incredibly invasive surgeries that have cut into muscle, tendon, ligament, bones, etc. That needs opportunity for healing. Healing. The increase in activity...
  2. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Thank you for replies!! Much appreciated - you are right about the "hard stop", and it is there. I have perhaps 30 degrees flexion. Thank you for the names of the two revision surgeons. I did contact a couple of other names here. The first one sent me for blood work, which indicated...
  3. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Would anyone know of a source for arthrofibrosis? I had a TKR on the right side in 2016, and it's always been swollen and stiff - painful as well - worse than it was before the surgery. I would welcome suggestions. The surgeon has washed his hands of this one.
  4. L

    Metal Allergy Nickel Allergy Confirmed with Blood Test

    That is more important than most of us know. Thank you for posting that for people to at least have a chance to think about. I had a knee replacement at the beginning of January, 2016. My knee is still extremely stiff and painful. I only have 80 degrees flexion. The OS said that he had...
  5. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Thank you!!! It worked!!
  6. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Thanks Flagranny - will do. That's a good idea. L
  7. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    wow... thank you for this information Flagranny. I wonder if I can find a way to make mine go through. I'll try again. It's important to try to keep Bonesmart available for those who deal with ortho surgery - a tough journey. Thank you again for telling me that you were able to get through!
  8. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Thanks, FlaGranny! Actually, I don't use google for this. The notice that popped up said that international donations could not be accepted. I live in Canada - is your credit card British? Thanks for any clarification.
  9. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Good morning from across the pond, This is a tough time for Bonesmart, with the cutbacks creating financial stress. I have tried to make a donation through my credit card, but international cards cannot be accepted for some reason. I sincerely wish to contribute to this "grass roots" support...
  10. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Thank you Marian, it sure does help to have this forum, where we can swap our experiences. I can't imagine how isolating this surgery would have been without it. Thank you for telling me about your dad - the decline is so hard to see, when they were once so capable. I'm sorry he's so far away...
  11. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Here's hoping that you had some funl moments with family today, and that the weather where you are was pleasant as well. Here it was windy and chilly, so I bundled my mother up to take her for her CT scan at the hospital before taking her for dinner. Thank you for your reply. Yes, Wednesdays...
  12. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Thank you so much for the reassurance - it is valued, as I'm sure you remember early in your surgery experience. A CT scan is in the works for this knee, before I go to the surgeon again on the 19th. Thank you for the advice about waiting for the MUA - this duration will be just what you have...
  13. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Hi there Celle, reporting from my desk at work here.... It's been very tough to make that return after packing up my Mum's house, when what the knee really needed was a complete rest! However, as the saying goes, "Life is what happens..." I have ice packs here, and use them regularly, but...
  14. L

    TKR New year, new knee!<

    Good morning (here in Canada it's a.m.) Celle! Thank you for taking the time for this reply. You are one of the experienced advisers here, and I appreciate your input. It's a mixed blessing that your mother passed away peacefully in her sleep. That is the ideal way that all of us would wish to...
  15. L

    TKR Here it is - my LTKR recovery thread

    Hi there Campervan, I am very encouraged by this post. The comparison you have described, and the improvements you have experienced give me hope. Unfortunately, at 3 months, I had no choice but to sort and pack up my mother's house. Her advanced dementia made it necessary to move her to a...
Back
Top Bottom