Recent content by LifeinParadise

  1. L

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I, too have had the severe skin sensitivity. Remedies: Satin long leg jammies or other super soft fabric long leg jammies; Satin sheets (have to put up with all the other covers and pillows sliding into the floor); generic aspercreme with lidocane lotion (temporary, lasts about 2-4 hours)...
  2. L

    TKR Gardeningal2003 Recovery Thread

    I had a funny anesthesiologist, too. Maybe they teach that in med school. After they gave me something (I don't know what) apparently I participated in the conversation as they did a nerve block in my knee, but I don't recall a thing. My husband said he was quite entertaining which relieved...
  3. L

    TKR Gardeningal2003 Recovery Thread

    So glad you are starting your recovery. I had scheduled my TKR at the hospital but had to keep reminding them I was planning on leaving by end of the day. My surgeon had told me he thought I was a great candidate for it. Not having Medicare to consider, I just didn't want to stay in the...
  4. L

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    I read up prior to surgery and saw that extension was a big deal. I also looked at what was suggested to attain that. Since I didn't have 0 degrees for extension, I worked on that. I, too, would hang my leg off the edge of the bed while lying on my tummy and let gravity work. Also would rest...
  5. L

    TKR Good Days and Challenges

    I have a few suggestions, although all the things BearcatBethie listed sound like they would be worth a try. I have been following a bit different path. In some of the info my surgeon provided they briefly mentioned the possibility of taking gabapentin. My surgeon sort of dismissed it and did...
Back
Top Bottom