Recent content by liberatedhip

  1. L

    THR liberated at last

    Also, wanted to wish everyone on the journey, at whatever stage, happy healing, good rest, and a pain-free and active future....
  2. L

    THR liberated at last

    Hi everyone, I wanted to share an update.... At my last Dr. visit, the x-ray showed that the stem had not moved further than was seen at the 2-ish week checkup. I have really been protective of the leg and haven't done anything to reproduce the "clunking/popping" that happened early on. My OS...
  3. L

    Anterior or posterior. Not sure which way to go

    I'll just chime in and say that I had anterlateral approach - it happened to be what my OS "does" - he said that he doesn't like anterior because of the risk of nerve damage. With anterolateral you have the benefit of avoiding the posterior precautions while also avoiding the anterior risks. My...
  4. L

    Miss you guys - Monday meeting w/surgeon really nervous

    Hi - one thing that might help is to think that this guy is not the only OS in the world, and if he says no, you can go find someone who is willing to help you.... you are rarely stuck, though it may feel like it... hope things go well for you on Monday. :)
  5. L

    THR liberated at last

    thanks - I was afraid of that and I am upset at the thought of a revision, but not at you... :)
  6. L

    THR liberated at last

    I've thought that - in your experience what is usually done when this happens? Josephine
  7. L

    THR liberated at last

    oh, and also, my doctor said that it probably happened because of my weight - but that doesn't necessarily follow or a lot of overweight THR would have this problem, right?
  8. L

    THR liberated at last

    Josephine - forgot the tagging on my previous post
  9. L

    THR liberated at last

    thanks, Jo. Do you know what the next step is when this happens? Is it something that works itself out or is revision needed?
  10. L

    THR liberated at last

    My only grand is a girl who is 2 & 1/2.... she has some computer skills though! I am doing really well with my recovery overall - slept so well last night - the best in years.... now just bummed about what might be a setback, though I feel great, and absolutely don't want another surgery...
  11. L

    THR liberated at last

    :rolleyes: yes, you got it! I need to figure out how to stay occupied - I am so bummed - I had plans, man.... now I willl just wander around stealing bandwidth....
  12. L

    THR liberated at last

    Thanks, Sharon. :)
  13. L

    THR liberated at last

    or I guess you can't type the fr*aking word with the e after the r?
  14. L

    THR liberated at last

    meant to say "freaking" out - not very out....
  15. L

    THR liberated at last

    Hi there - it's been a while since my last post - I appreciate the well wishes from all. I've been at my sister's house for a couple of weeks recuperating and things have gone very well. I have been following the forum, and following the mantras, but not really posting - not sure why. I had...
Back
Top Bottom