Recent content by Lhip4me24

  1. L

    THR On the other side.....

    @B HIP - Thank you so much for your encouragement. Cute idea about decorating my cane. I am going to visit my students for the first time since my surgery tomorrow and I am sure they are going to want to decorate my walker when I get there!! I can only imagine what they will want to do to it...
  2. L

    THR On the other side.....

    @Tweetybrd - My OS did not give me any issues about being too young. He looked at my x-ray and said, "When are we going to replace that hip?" He knew how much pain I was in and he himself is going to have a hip replacement this summer....so he totally understood what I was feeling. I feel...
  3. L

    THR On the other side.....

    Hi All. I had my posterior LTHR on January 17th. I thought I would let you know my experience to "give back" for all of the wonderful advice and experiences that helped allay my fears before the surgery. Thank you for all of the wonderful information and help you gave me! I arrived at the...
  4. L

    I Have a New Procedure Date

    I am 2 weeks out from having my left hip replaced. 2 things that I have found invaluable are having enough ice packs on hand and an apron for my walker. I bought 3 large ice packs from Amazon that I put in the freezer and jut switch then out as they get warm. Icing around the clock has eased...
  5. L

    Very Anxious About Surgery

    Thank you so much, @Sunny girl and @JMACCA for the vote of confidence to be able to do this by myself. I do have a friend who will stay with me for a week or two because I have an 80 pound dog who will need tending to. Lucy, my dog, usually sleeps with me and I am afraid she may end up on my...
  6. L

    Very Anxious About Surgery

    @Miss Muffet - thanks so much for checking back. I am actually doing okay and feeling a bit better about things now that I have subscribed to this forum. You all have been so welcoming and a wealth of knowledge. It is nice to have a place to go to where everyone understands what you are going...
  7. L

    Very Anxious About Surgery

    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I honestly feel a little of my anxiety going away knowing that I have a place to come to if I am feeling scared or just have questions. All of your advice has been great and I am reading everything I can to prepare myself. @Miss Muffett- I cannot seem to...
  8. L

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Hi All. I am new to the forum and will be having a LTHR on 1/17/17. Looking forward to being pain free and walking with all of you through this journey. I hope I can help some of you like reading this forum has helped me. Happy Holidays!!
  9. L

    Very Anxious About Surgery

    Thank you so much Froggymom and Pumpkin. I have all of my pre-op appointments this week, but I know I will have more questions. Thanks for the support and I look forward to getting to know all of you better. Take care!
  10. L

    Very Anxious About Surgery

    Hi Friends. I have been lurking on this site for about a month now and have learned so much from all of you. Thank you for posting all of your stories both pre- and post-op. It has helped me tremendously. I will be having a LTHR on 1/17/17. I am super anxious about it and trying to wrap...
Back
Top Bottom