Recent content by Lexismom

  1. Lexismom

    6 days away from TKR and am terrified

    I broke my first foot in the hospital; the epidural had not run out yet; even though she asked me how I felt and I said my legs felt like jello, she wanted to walk; with first step,I fell all the way down, breaking a few bones; this impeded my therapy as I could not put weight down on my leg...
  2. Lexismom

    6 days away from TKR and am terrified

    You can also add that I broke both feet had double pneumonia and was hallucinating from the meds Could not do rehab for 2 month on the ground due to broken feet
  3. Lexismom

    6 days away from TKR and am terrified

    Hi I had a knee replacement 3 years ago and had so many complications I have been having constant panic and anxiety attacks. Any words of wisdom
  4. Lexismom

    Need assurance and advice

    Mu husband just got a new boss and does not get home from work till 8 or 9 at which point he is crabby and tired week-ends will be a relief though
  5. Lexismom

    Need assurance and advice

    Jen: Thanks for your advice. I think a family meeting would be great. I have different friend to stay with me for two weeks. She has been hospitalized three times in the past year, once at Rosecrance in Rockford. She is not at a crisis point now so would not qualify for hospitalization. We...
  6. Lexismom

    Need assurance and advice

    Thanks all for your advice, Jamie. You are point on for my daughter, she is 16. We do not have temporary respite care. I think I will move to England! I am afraid I am just stuck with her and with prayer and the utilization of my friends (no family around here) I will get by. It is only...
  7. Lexismom

    Need assurance and advice

    Yes my surgery is o Nov 9th
  8. Lexismom

    Need assurance and advice

    HI; Before I write anything let me just say that what happened to me on my first knee replacement is very rare and everyone else I know has had positive experiences. I do not want to scare any one off Two years ago I had my left knee replaced. When it came time for therapy the PT came in and...
  9. Lexismom

    TKR Anyone know of or have had a tibial revision

    Yes, I think it was referring to other things, but in your experiences how does revision compare to a tkr in terms of pain, recovery time, etc. Thanks for your time. I know all people are different, but just in general how do they compare
  10. Lexismom

    TKR Anyone know of or have had a tibial revision

    I was experiencing extreme pain on my replaced knee a year after my surgery my doctor said something about the plate at the botton of the knee coming loose from stress and that he would take out the plate and replace with something that would go into my tibia. He said it is one third the...
  11. Lexismom

    TKR Anyone know of or have had a tibial revision

    How do you find a revision specialist; is you got a reply that said I don't get it exclude it I did not read th whole thing
  12. Lexismom

    TKR Anyone know of or have had a tibial revision

    Hi: I reicieved a new knee a year ago last Feb. After a few months it felt better. I then broke my foot on the opposite leg and was in a boot for two months. I was feeling OK and at my yearly check up my doctor said everything in both knees looked good. Right after that I broke my toe...
  13. Lexismom

    TKR Ortho dr or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Knee!

    I agree; I can'tbeieve we were there for almost 3 hours
  14. Lexismom

    TKR 5 months out and still not happy with knee

    Roy: you are in no way being patronizing;I think my PT said it was -3, but I think it will not straighten up enough, as they keep asking me to try and touch the table while on my back and I cannot. Thanks,I will clarify at my next appointment.
  15. Lexismom

    TKR 5 months out and still not happy with knee

    Hi Joeephine: 1. My pain level is about a 2; I compare it to th pesty bug that will not get out of your face; doing stairs or sitting up it goes to a 5 or 6 2.I take hydrocodone when going to therapy (3 times a weeks) and maybe 3 other times during the week; I coulc not see the dosage. Other...
Back
Top Bottom