Recent content by Legs4lyf

  1. L

    Hip Arthroscopy Defeated and confused

    Hi @Mazzcg. I had a THR at 18 due to loss of cartilage for no known reason. I've have learnt not to worry about possible revisions etc and to value my quality of life and functionality in the present. Now days the quality of hip replacements are quite impressive and generally last a lot...
  2. L

    THR THR in 20's

    Hi @charley86. I am one of those young and active people, and am going through something similar. At only 18 I had a RTHR about two weeks ago. I have been recovering well and my surgeon said i can already get rid of my crutches and can bend my leg over 90 degrees. I too used to go to the gym and...
  3. L

    Doubting my decision.

    Hi i'm 18 and im scheduled for a hip replacement on December the 3rd I'm starting to doubt my decision now after watching some videos of people walking before hip replacements, their limp seem a lot worse than mine. I can still walk but with a slight limp. But i cant do much as in terms of...
  4. L

    Teenage THR

    I haven't been on this forum for a while, as i am in my last year of high school i have been very busy. I am now pretty confident that i will be getting a THR for my right hip in December this year. I just had a few questions. Right now my family and I are deciding what material should be used...
  5. L

    Teenage hip replacement

    Thank you everyone this has been very helpful @busymum So you can never do high impact sports? even if its just once or twice? I feel like i will be tempted to play a bit of soccer every now and then, i am even tempted to do so with my hip in the condition it is in now.
  6. L

    Teenage hip replacement

    @Keecamp Thanks for that im now about 90% sure im getting a THR on my right side at the end of this year. @Josephine When i made this thread i had just seen my rheumatologist, today i went to see my orthopedic doctor and he confirmed that when i have had enough i should get a hip replacement...
  7. L

    Teenage hip replacement

    Thank you for all the help. I saw the score chart and i was wondering if there was an easier way to test how bad my hip is and if i need hip replacement. I can walk pretty well, my hip just locks every now and then, and it is hard to climb stairs normally.
  8. L

    Teenage hip replacement

    Thanks. I'm also wondering if I should be worried about revision hip replacements as that is the main thing I am worried about.
  9. L

    Teenage hip replacement

    Hey, when I was 16 I was diagnosed with idiopathic chondrolysis, basically the loss of cartilage for no known reason, in my right hip and slightly on my left hip. However my left hip has not progressed or experienced any symptoms or pain yet, just a little thinning of cartilage. But my right hip...
Back
Top Bottom