Recent content by Leghurts!

  1. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    I did search on how to care for a possible torn calf muscle yesterday. It said not to stretch it and use crutches to walk to avoid hurting it more. I'm not saying it's correct but the stretching I did numerous times throughout the day's didn't seem to help.
  2. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    Well I've been resting it and icing the calf, it was not feeling any better. A few minutes ago I walked about 5' in my house and I felt a very painful "POP" in my calf. It hurt very bad. My wife has read that a blood clot in my calf could cause what I'm feeling? She wants me to go to the ER, but...
  3. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    Surgery date was 3/28/19 TKR As I said I've had extensive pain in my thigh and my calf. Well things have improved. I still have pain in my thigh but not nearly as bad. The calf pain went away completely. Now a few days ago I was in my backyard not doing much of anything, I was standing and...
  4. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    Calf is mostly in the muscle, the Vick's seems to help in my thigh. I've been to 12 PT sessions and my Dr. said no more for now. PT showed me some stretches for my thigh, but nothing seems to stop the pain. My knee has great ROM and doesn't hurt much. I'm going to a pool today and see if that...
  5. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    9th week and still having bad pain in my thigh and calf. I have been rubbing Vic's vaporub on it at night it helps me get a little sleep. This pain in my thigh is nothing I ever expected, PLEASE tell me it will stop.
  6. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    Someone mentioned "Saran Wrap and Blue Emu" They said it helps them sleep. Can some one explain this to me? Thank you.
  7. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    Thanks everyone for the helpful insight. I'll take it slower and give it more rest.
  8. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    when I had my other TKR on the right side I had none of this muscle pain, at least they are telling you something. All I get is "take it easy, I've never seen it this bad"
  9. L

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    TKR surgery was 03/28/19 I was home the next day, things with the knee seem to be going very well. My surgeon and Physical therapist say my knee is recovering faster then most. The problem that has me very concerned is I'm having extreme pain in my thigh and calf. The thigh pain seems to be on...
Back
Top Bottom