Recent content by Lefty1957

  1. L

    TKR Back to work after 10 weeks

    10 weeks out and back to work full time. Work on my feet 75-80 percent of time so its been a challenge. Hopefully things will continue to get better(strength and stamina) without any set backs. Its been a lot of work and a very rocky road as you sit at home by yourself asking if its ever going...
  2. L

    TKR Returning to work

    Shame on your boss!What comes around goes around.
  3. L

    road to recovery

    tkr on sept.24th.Although its been a HUGE battle I am getting there.Began driving this week and doing outpatient therapy 3 times a week,no pain meds used so far as narcos destroy my insides.On the days where there is no physical therapy going to gym and doing 20 minutes on recumbent bike.Also...
  4. L

    TKR Starting to wish I'd never had a knee replacement

    Had tkr on Sept.24th.I felt the same way you do.Started home therapy and rom of 78.Completed home therapy now doing outpatient therapy 3 times a week.I too felt the same way at first as far as was this the right thing to do.Yesterday was my 6 week anniversary and although I have come a long way...
  5. L

    TKR 2½ weeks ago

    thank you all for the encouraging words.god bless
  6. L

    TKR 2½ weeks ago

    Good afternoon to all. Can someone convince me that no appetite and lack of energy are from surgery. Have little if any appetite and not much ambition. On the positive side ROM started at 78 and as of yesterday is 105. Goal is 125 per PT. Walking with cane and no walker. Trying to avoid...
  7. L

    TKR all done

    am icing and elevating.alot of stiffness this am however phy therapist feels its from leg being black and blue.rom sunday was 88 today 91.extension at 7 degrees.oh this is a slow process.what is everyones pain med of choice?
  8. L

    TKR all done

    Had TKR done on Sept 24th. Dr indicated I should do better as loaded with detritus and also mentioned my legs were very stiff. Did some PT in hospital along with going up and down stairs. Been home since Friday. Right leg is now straight where in the past nowhere close. ROM first day with...
  9. L

    TKR Revelation

    had tkr on September 24th.having issues with sweating also.got very concerned about this
  10. L

    pre-op

    Thanks Baystater for the encouraging words.Hopefully can sleep tonight.Depending on my condition tomorrow hope to post.God bless you all!
  11. L

    pre-op

    Tomorrow is the start of a new beginning!11 am is surgery time.Dear lord get me through this!
  12. L

    TKR LTKR Sept 24

    Mini,my surgery is on the 24th also.hospital just called and said surgery will be at 11 am rather than scheduled 8 am.I have waited this long and we can do it!
  13. L

    pre-op

    Alexian Brothers in Elk Grove Village. Dr Kuesis performing the surgery. Would love to have Dr Richard Berger do surgery as you go home the SAME DAY. It's the truth. He is suppose to be the ONLY doctor in country that does a TKR in the morning and you go home the same day. I have proof of...
  14. L

    pre-op

    Muddy paws,I am hoping that my hospital stay goes as well as yours.I believe i am getting all worked up over nothing.The quality of life in the last 3 months has been terrible so things can only get better.Come on Sept.24th,i am ready for you!
  15. L

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    TKR Sept.24th.Pins and needles and needles and pins.
Back
Top Bottom